• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

GDNet Lounge

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 12 hours, 26 minutes ago
Urho3D and Pyrotechnics - By JTippetts
Urho3D's architecture is based on a component system. You may have heard the term. Essentially, Urho3D provides a hierarchy of Nodes, where each Node comprises a set of transforms (position, rotati...
Developer Journal - 20 hours, 34 minutes ago
Windows 10 Update and Making A Minion In Blender - By Gooey
Ok so today I decided to upgrade my Windows install which was 8.1 to Windows 10 because well it was free! So I shut down Debian rebooted to Windows and then the problems happened! I done all my upd...
Developer Journal - 23 hours, 11 minutes ago
Flame Shotgun - By JTippetts
In honor of Washu, I present to you the flame shotgun. http://i.imgur.com/E2iet5w.jpg And a shitty, low-res video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UB3PGKkhe8&feature=youtu.be
Developer Journal - 1 day, 20 hours ago
Today I started to learn to use Blender - By Gooey
I have today decided to start to learn how to use blender. I watched a tutorial and so far have made a cup and a wolf. The wolf turned out looking more like a pig so it got binned but oh well not b...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 18 hours ago
PAX Invitation and our preparations - By slayemin
Are you going to PAX? Or are you going to be in the Seattle area during PAX? Then I invite you to come check out our office and our VR game! We're on 3rd and Union, we'll have signs posted and a gu...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
Hi - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/z1i13WE.jpg Creepers gonna creep. http://i.imgur.com/qybfbwV.jpg The swordsmen, I can probably take, but the three shaman are probably going to mess me up. If they don't murder e...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
Character Controller - Video - By Aardvajk
http://youtu.be/DwSC7Z9Pf98 Seems legit http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Pretty stable so far, slope walking, maximum slope angle, interaction with dynamic a...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Hackman Day 5 : Finally Text - By Gooey
Ok so I had a few hours to kill today so I decided to get on with hackman and being the productive fool I am I procrastinated most of the day away. After hours of doing anything but get on with wha...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Hackman Day 4 - By Gooey
Ok so today I have implemented my A* pathfinding for my enemys which has worked a treat! It wasn't as hard as I first thought when starting out after I read a few articles on how it worked implemen...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 7 hours ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 22 hours ago
KREEP, mutagen. - By Spidi
Hi all!A real update this time with more content than news...As mentioned in the short description of the game in the early days, game rule mutators were planned to spice up the gameplay. I got hal...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 22 hours ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 11 hours ago
Character Controller progress - By Aardvajk
Some good progress this morning. The player capsule (red) now correctly glides and slides around the environment, no longer penetrating either the static or dynamic shapes, and we have the floor r...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 17 hours ago
Hackman Day 3 - By Gooey
Ok so today i spared a couple of hours for the creation of this and not everything has been skippy http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png . I spent an hour trying to wor...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 17 hours ago
Hackman Day 2 - By Gooey
Ok so I had no time yesterday so i done some more today I have it loading and displaying now. Next up will be to get some movement and collision detection hopefully I will get some time tomorrow fo...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 19 hours ago
Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows - By fastcall22
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.Introduction:If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consist...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Fluid Dynamics: Advection - By CulDeVu
Heyy all!.First off, congrats to all the WoA participants. I didn't have the time to do it this year, but I'll try again for it the next go around ;).So, in my last little let-my-figure-everything-...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Grappling with Bullet Physics - By Aardvajk
Well, Bullet Physics turns out to be, um, quirky, to say the least. Not that I'm complaining, its amazingly well written and stable and very easy to get it set up to do the basic convex shapes rol...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 14 hours ago
Week of Awesome 3 - The End - By Onigiri Flash
[Disclaimer: This isn't really a post mortem of any kind. More akin to somber reflection of the past two weeks.]Well, I'm a little disappointed. Not really related to the game jam itself, but conce...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 20 hours ago
In a time for math! - By RanBlade
I have probably brought this up before. But I feel the need to share my updates on it. First a little background. I have been trying to get better at math, especially math that pertains to video ga...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 hours ago
WoA III - Another Distraction for Participants - By Eck
Even though I haven't entered a game into the Week of Awesome III, I still followed along, played all the submitted games, and wrote up some reviews. I've met a lot of cool people and great develop...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 14 hours ago
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem - By Endurion
Now after all the dust is settled a Post Mortem to my entry Bunny Hop.What went right Even before the competition started I was pondering on what to do. In a previous Ludum Dare I had used a nifty...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Windows 10 is awesome, Windows 10 upgrade DRM is horrible! - By joew
I figured I'd write a quick post about the incredibly painful upgrade to Windows 10, mainly due to their brutal DRM/key system... now that I finally have the dev systems running again.Originally I...
WoA 3 - Eck Judging Results are in... - By Eck
It's official. I'm officially done unofficially judging every entry for the Week of Awesome III. There were a lot of really solid entries this year and I'm pretty sure I would not have won, but tha...
Postmortem of Soulwielder – Part 2 (Development) - By Casey Hardman
This is part 2 of the postmortem for the Week of Awesome game I made called Soulwielder.This is about the development of the game; the first part was about the design of the game.There were several...

PARTNERS