• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

For Beginners

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 12 hours, 45 minutes ago
Screenshot Saturday 199 - By et1337
“Level design for days” has been my motto for several months now, and this week is no different.Behold, new challenge levels! These are timed, bite-sized maps with simple goals that can be complete...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 23 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 8 - Prototype completed! - By arka80
Mission accomplished! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png Prototype of this game is finished, and this is yet a very great success for me.As last feature I introduc...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 53 minutes ago
Interleaved Voxel Data - Party time activated! - By Migi0027
So I'm working on interleaved voxels, but something went horribly wrong. Instead the voxels started shifted between multiple dimensions at the same time...Le Result:http://i.imgur.com/shrHKjf.gif U...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 19 hours ago
From Puppies to Bullets: real-time pixels and CES - By CC Ricers
Moving right into making a new game to revive my C# and XNA skills, I decided to go with a top-down view shooter. I already have a code base to start with, which includes some basic AI. The AI is a...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 19 hours ago
Returning to form? - By CC Ricers
What's going on everyone! I haven't touched this journal (or this website) for over a year. I also had a blog that I stopped updating for just as long. For those followers that still remember me, y...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 9 hours ago
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #2 - By Washu
Developer Journal - 4 days, 12 hours ago
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Non-Euclidean physics (for real this time) - By CulDeVu
I know, I know. I've got the whole boy-who-cried-wolf thing going on here, but it actually works this time!It's crazy computationally expensive, the whole thing.The rendering is awful. Since there'...
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 16 hours ago
Fun Updates this week - By Misantes
Hey all,For the first time in several weeks, I was able to get a decent amount done with the game. Most notably, the UI is now clickable and interactive, a tile flipping mechanic was added to the g...
< Developer Journal - 5 days, 20 hours ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 9 hours ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
The Meachnical Heart: Solo+ Development - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog I had planned on writing about screen shake this week, but unfortunately the screen shake I came up with didn't look as good as I wanted. So (hopefully) I wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 14 hours ago
Non-Euclidean prototype update - By CulDeVu
So, I don't know if you remember my last post, the one about building the physics for my new non-euclidean game prototype. If you don't I'll refresh you on generally what happened.Specifically, I s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
grepr - 7DFPS 2014 - By et1337
I survived 7DFPS , barely. Here are some fascinating statistics:Days to create an FPS: 7Hours spent: 93Levels built: 5Lines of code written: 2313Hours to spare before deadline: 2Functioning brain c...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 21 hours ago
"Here's some code. It doesn't work. What's wrong?" - By Buckeye
Beginner programmers may be unaware that, with the proper approach, debugging problems on their own can save time, and result in valuable self-education. An approach to debugging I call "Follow The...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 7 - By arka80
Another update, with several improvements, new contents and a couple of things with heavy impact on gameplay. Let's proceed with order:Content milestone reached The prototype's goal for content cre...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
The Harvest: Aftermath - By riuthamus
So, after the end of the contest: Byte, Goss, and myself decided to move on with the project we had started. Telanor eventually joined as well and has been working on some of the more important sys...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Library Troubles and updates - By Misantes
Hey everyone,It's been a couple weeks since I last updated. Mostly it was filled with frustratingly retooling the game and testing out different libraries.I purchased a new laptop, mainly to force...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 hours ago
The Meachnical Heart: Engine Upgrade - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog This week marks the final(ish) turning point for TMH's Engine. If you have read previous additions you ay know the engine was originally written in C++ and u...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 22 hours ago
First try at DOF, its something! - By Migi0027 =A=
So, I never actually went into depth of field, but its an important part that I always wanted to integrate, but was way to lazy to do it. So I maned up, and did it whilst failing a couple of times....

PARTNERS