• Create Account

For Beginners

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 hours, 5 minutes ago
Bringing this blog back to life - By CulDeVu
(Just as a pre-appology, sorry about the image links. Are you even able to attach images in Journals?)So I've decided to bring this blog back to life. When I originally started messing around wit...
Developer Journal - 21 hours, 32 minutes ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 4 - By arka80
I could name this entry "Monsters & Items" and stop writing. But I will not. I like to explain. I found that keep these records is a really useful mental help, since it gives me close milestone...
Developer Journal - 23 hours, 19 minutes ago
Announcing Psychologist.js, a RAD HTML5 VR framework - By Sean T. McBeth
I've written a little bit about this project for a little while, and I've finally decided on a name.Psychologist.js is a framework for rapidly prototyping virtual reality applications using standa...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 9 hours ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 19 hours ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 9 hours ago
One year report (trailer inside). - By desdemian
Alright, my friends.It's been 12 month since I started this project .Here are a few stats of this whole journey:Number of months without a home: 12.5Countries visited: 7Cities visited: 43Money spen...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 9 hours ago
It looks like something - By JD_Rushing
I got rid of most of the slider bars now that I have working color picking and constant buffers. So I decided to try and draw something. I was going for the mysterious woman on the water in a row...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 3 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 3 - By arka80
Focus of this session of work was to define the gameover condition and manage the death and reborn of the character. Mission accomplished, even if in a very rough state.There are two ways for die:...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 3 hours ago
Gui II: Widget class design - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260396-gui-i-learning-about-signalsslots/ So this time around, I'm going to talk about the engines GUIs main class, called "Widget". I took an ap...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 9 hours ago
Color Picking, Constant Buffers, and Shaders - By JD_Rushing
FINALLY!!! Constant buffer worked without errors. I guess I kept running into bad examples. Many were missing information. I simply wanted to do color picking and set a constant buffer for the colo...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 13 hours ago
HTML5 audio for games made easy - By Sean T. McBeth
Audio in the browser is deceptively tetchy. It's easy to get a basic sound to play with the <audio> tag .<audio id="myAudioThinger" controls="controls" preload="auto" autoplay="true"...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 17 hours ago
Why I turned down a great job offer. - By Sean T. McBeth
I recently received a very generous job offer from a rather prestigious company. I didn't even apply, they contacted me through LinkedIn. To say that I was honored to even receive a cold-contact fr...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 5 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 2 - By arka80
At the end of 8 more hours of coding I've got the following:some refactorgui system startedtransition between world and area mapminimal area map generatormovement in the wilderness And a couple of...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 13 hours ago
Week 4 - By Misantes
Hey everyone,This week I didn't get a whole lot done. I agreed to work on a little side project with a friend, so spent much of the week learning javascript and the phaser engine syntax. However, I...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 15 hours ago
basic GUI design - By pizzafan
I lacked time this week, but I managed somehow to design a simple GUI system :typedef void(*guiFunction)(void);typedef void(*guiFunctionKeycode)(char);typedef void(*guiFunctionObject)(guiObject...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 19 hours ago
Asset Studio - Asset Management Tool - By Endurion
After years and more years of manually adding new assets into code I tried a newer approach. I'll use this journal entry to show off my assetmanagement tool (Asset Studio) but also ask for similar...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 10 hours ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 13 hours ago
Slimming down the Epoch runtime and improving program start times - By ApochPiQ
Right now a big limitation of the Epoch program execution model is the fact that .EXEs generated by the compiler are not in fact native binaries. They are compact bytecode wrapped in a thin shim th...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 18 hours ago
Online map editor - review/planning - By tnovelli
I'm getting ready to combine and improve some HTML5 Canvas stuff I prototyped two years ago - Ocean Melee / Great Guns and the 2D character animation modeler for the future "Cult RPG" (crude demo...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 8 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 194 - By et1337
Just a quick update this week to confirm that I am in fact alive. The iOS contract game is just about done. I'm pretty happy with it. http://giant.gfycat.com/LeadingClassicHoiho.gif Now it's back...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 13 hours ago
Bezier, it's french - By JD_Rushing
So I got bezier curves kickin', along with variable width of the start, middle, and end. If you have not used bezier ([be.zje] ) is actually not a hard concept, but very effective. They use control...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 16 hours ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 hours ago
Global Illumination Progress Update - By Migi0027
The Global Illumination by Light Propagation Volumes is progressing in a nice way. Even though this is an artifact in a weird way, it still produces a nice result. The surface is too thin for the g...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Gui I: Learning about Signals/Slots - By Juliean
In order to make it easier for the reader, I decided to split the different modules up into multiple posts. This should also make it easier for me to write them when I got a few minutes to spare, t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 1 - By arka80
So project has started http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif .First I setted a working environment, with all the linkage and the bitbucket repo working, and an emp...

PARTNERS