• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

For Beginners

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 hours, 5 minutes ago
Project Restart - By Aardvajk
Having a day off work today and have decided to dump my 2.5D grappling hook game and restarted my 3D platformer.I'm doing all the physics myself in this one. I have the levels loading from the edi...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
Back to gamedev after a long hiatus... - By braindigitalis
My current project is a puzzle game called "Firework Factory".This project has been sitting on my hard disk since 2010, however i haven't actively worked on it since late 2011. I started out with t...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
Shipyard Pre-Alpha 0.8.1 Released! - By nerdboy64
It's been more than five months since I started working on this update. I never intended it to go on this long, but trying to implement shuttles increased the development time drastically. Eventual...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
Global Illumination - Emmision - With Gifs! - By Migi0027 =A=
So after a long battle with an invisible enemy, I defeated the evil bug, with some awesome help from the forums! ( kudos to bact and the gd chat! ):So below theres a gif that shows a mantis ( thats...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 11 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 199 - By et1337
“Level design for days” has been my motto for several months now, and this week is no different.Behold, new challenge levels! These are timed, bite-sized maps with simple goals that can be complete...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 21 hours ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 8 - Prototype completed! - By arka80
Mission accomplished! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png Prototype of this game is finished, and this is yet a very great success for me.As last feature I introduc...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 23 hours ago
Interleaved Voxel Data - Party time activated! - By Migi0027
So I'm working on interleaved voxels, but something went horribly wrong. Instead the voxels started shifted between multiple dimensions at the same time...Le Result:http://i.imgur.com/shrHKjf.gif U...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 17 hours ago
From Puppies to Bullets: real-time pixels and CES - By CC Ricers
Moving right into making a new game to revive my C# and XNA skills, I decided to go with a top-down view shooter. I already have a code base to start with, which includes some basic AI. The AI is a...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 18 hours ago
Returning to form? - By CC Ricers
What's going on everyone! I haven't touched this journal (or this website) for over a year. I also had a blog that I stopped updating for just as long. For those followers that still remember me, y...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 7 hours ago
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #2 - By Washu
Developer Journal - 6 days, 10 hours ago
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 10 hours ago
Non-Euclidean physics (for real this time) - By CulDeVu
I know, I know. I've got the whole boy-who-cried-wolf thing going on here, but it actually works this time!It's crazy computationally expensive, the whole thing.The rendering is awful. Since there'...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 11 hours ago
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 14 hours ago
Fun Updates this week - By Misantes
Hey all,For the first time in several weeks, I was able to get a decent amount done with the game. Most notably, the UI is now clickable and interactive, a tile flipping mechanic was added to the g...
< Developer Journal - 1 week, 18 hours ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
The Meachnical Heart: Solo+ Development - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog I had planned on writing about screen shake this week, but unfortunately the screen shake I came up with didn't look as good as I wanted. So (hopefully) I wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Non-Euclidean prototype update - By CulDeVu
So, I don't know if you remember my last post, the one about building the physics for my new non-euclidean game prototype. If you don't I'll refresh you on generally what happened.Specifically, I s...
grepr - 7DFPS 2014 - By et1337
I survived 7DFPS , barely. Here are some fascinating statistics:Days to create an FPS: 7Hours spent: 93Levels built: 5Lines of code written: 2313Hours to spare before deadline: 2Functioning brain c...
"Here's some code. It doesn't work. What's wrong?" - By Buckeye
Beginner programmers may be unaware that, with the proper approach, debugging problems on their own can save time, and result in valuable self-education. An approach to debugging I call "Follow The...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 7 - By arka80
Another update, with several improvements, new contents and a couple of things with heavy impact on gameplay. Let's proceed with order:Content milestone reached The prototype's goal for content cre...

PARTNERS