• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

For Beginners

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 15 hours ago
Found some awesome models - With gifs! - By Migi0027 =A=
So I've always had a hard time finding any "good" foilage models online, so searching a bit more I found the ( It's most likely not completely legal, but, its good for testing ) TF3DM, and found so...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 5 hours ago
Month 5: Radical refocusing in game design scope - By slayemin
Alright, I have some bad news.In light of last weeks realization about what a "prototype" should look like and what my existing "prototype" was (a pretty tech demo with game elements), I decided to...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 16 hours ago
A vertex occlusion baking guide - By eppo
'alloFinally got around to add an ambient occlusion baker to the pipeline.I'm baking it all to vertex maps, as these give generally good results and avoid the hassle and memory demands of having to...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 19 hours ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954
Developer Journal - 2 days, 22 hours ago
Computer Programming: Disorganized Complexity - By Tutorial Doctor
The one thing that has plagued me is the disorganized complexity of the whole computer programming situation. Gist, Gits, Stack Overflow, Gamedev.net, IRC freenode, branches, forks, etc. There are...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 8 hours ago
Moving to MonoGame and Planning the AI - By CC Ricers
I guess it's pretty soon after my last journal entry, but I've been quick at progress with my game code the past couple of days. First of all I finally got the Entity-Component System code working...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 15 hours ago
Project Restart - By Aardvajk
Having a day off work today and have decided to dump my 2.5D grappling hook game and restarted my 3D platformer.I'm doing all the physics myself in this one. I have the levels loading from the edi...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 28 minutes ago
Back to gamedev after a long hiatus... - By braindigitalis
My current project is a puzzle game called "Firework Factory".This project has been sitting on my hard disk since 2010, however i haven't actively worked on it since late 2011. I started out with t...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Shipyard Pre-Alpha 0.8.1 Released! - By nerdboy64
It's been more than five months since I started working on this update. I never intended it to go on this long, but trying to implement shuttles increased the development time drastically. Eventual...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Global Illumination - Emmision - With Gifs! - By Migi0027 =A=
So after a long battle with an invisible enemy, I defeated the evil bug, with some awesome help from the forums! ( kudos to bact and the gd chat! ):So below theres a gif that shows a mantis ( thats...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 199 - By et1337
“Level design for days” has been my motto for several months now, and this week is no different.Behold, new challenge levels! These are timed, bite-sized maps with simple goals that can be complete...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Age of Rogues WIP: Day 8 - Prototype completed! - By arka80
Mission accomplished! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/ph34r.png Prototype of this game is finished, and this is yet a very great success for me.As last feature I introduc...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Interleaved Voxel Data - Party time activated! - By Migi0027
So I'm working on interleaved voxels, but something went horribly wrong. Instead the voxels started shifted between multiple dimensions at the same time...Le Result:http://i.imgur.com/shrHKjf.gif U...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
From Puppies to Bullets: real-time pixels and CES - By CC Ricers
Moving right into making a new game to revive my C# and XNA skills, I decided to go with a top-down view shooter. I already have a code base to start with, which includes some basic AI. The AI is a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Returning to form? - By CC Ricers
What's going on everyone! I haven't touched this journal (or this website) for over a year. I also had a blog that I stopped updating for just as long. For those followers that still remember me, y...
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #2 - By Washu
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Non-Euclidean physics (for real this time) - By CulDeVu
I know, I know. I've got the whole boy-who-cried-wolf thing going on here, but it actually works this time!It's crazy computationally expensive, the whole thing.The rendering is awful. Since there'...
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Fun Updates this week - By Misantes
Hey all,For the first time in several weeks, I was able to get a decent amount done with the game. Most notably, the UI is now clickable and interactive, a tile flipping mechanic was added to the g...
< Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...

PARTNERS