• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

For Beginners

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 8 hours, 13 minutes ago
Moving from SVN to Git Part 1: Git-lfs - By doeme
For over eigth years SVN was the cornerstone of the software engineering department at the company I work and it helped us to develop high quality medical simulation software. However as our produc...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 13 hours ago
Vertex Shaders and Textures for YAGSS - By fastcall22
This a continuation of the Yet Another Generic Space Shooter (YAGSS) game.Most of the graphics programming I've learned has been done through software rendering and fixed-function OpenGL, so I wasn...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 19 hours ago
May Update: Zombie game closer to release - By slayemin
I've been working most of this month to finish up this super simple virtual reality zombie game. I intend to release it commercially on Steam when it's done. The goal is to get customer feedback on...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 19 hours ago
Solution to Level 2 - By desdemian
Continuing working on the introductory levels, this is the solution for level 2.Here the player gains control over the leg also (level 1: only controls the arm). The body is still fixed, so there's...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 21 hours ago
Om rewrite #4 - By Aardvajk
Quick post from phone.Have decided to restart Om from scratch again. Too much unexpected things have made the current implementation feel icky. Mainly the running of object destructors but sure the...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 5 hours ago
Visual scripting basics - By Juliean
Last entry:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2261095-assets-creation-data-processing/ The last few weeks, my work has primarly been focused around my visual scripting system, so I decided to m...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 21 hours ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #4: NEW OFFICE! - By Night Lone
This week has been busy, I've fixed a little problem with my shader loading functions (rather, I forgot to code the darn functions before which messed me up until now) and been researching a ton. I...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 5 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #2: Adding critters. - By VirginRed
Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Adding critters. Welcome to another installment of our fluffy sweetness. If you missed our world uncovering gifs last week you can check them here . Flu...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 9 hours ago
Destructor Access to Execution Context - By Aardvajk
Destructor Access to Execution Context Having got this working in destructors as per the last entry, the next challenge I decided to get into was making it possible to access values in the surroun...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 23 hours ago
What came first, the chicken or the egg: Implementing the loading screen - By braindigitalis
Another week, another feature!This week heralds the addition of a loading screen. Partly due to a thread here on gamedev.net i decided that perhaps now was the time to add one, as shown below.http...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 20 hours ago
Items - By Drakonka
After finishing yesterday's post about generating images for user-combined substrate items I realized that I never really provided an explanation about how items work in general (or how they work f...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 13 hours ago
Generating images for combined substrate - By Drakonka
The Laravel 5 migration is complete and I'm back to substrate mixing and brain bug fixing!Actually, I think now that basic mixing is done I'm going to do a few weeks of just bug fixing. The substra...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 9 hours ago
Fluffy Friday #1: Tile appearing - By VirginRed
More on our IndieDB page Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Tile appearing. http://media.indiedb.com/images/members/1/652/651585/profile/header.png Today I present you a new kind of post t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 23 hours ago
Om Destructor Woes - By Aardvajk
Om Destructor Woes "Had I knowm, I would have been a watchmaker," is perhaps wrongly quoted to Einstein I believe on his discovery that E=MC2 meant the possibility of the atomic bomb. Well "Had I k...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Compute shader for skinned mesh animation - D3D11 - By Buckeye
Preface I was raised and educated as an engineer. Not an engineer for a locomotive (though I would've loved to have been such in the days of steam), but, by education and experience, an engineer i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Inverse Kinematics to the rescue. - By desdemian
I'm currently trying things to make the game easier on the new player, without sacrificing the original vision.Besides modifying the first levels, I have added a few control related improvements. I...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #3: Better late than never - By Night Lone
I took this week studying a few things. Unfortunately that means that not much has been done; in fact I could paste what I've done here, if it wasn't in 10 different files!So, what have I been stud...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Playing with terrains - By arka80
The need I thought for a bit to a method to render tiled maps (terrains) in a way that seems less... well, less tiled actually. The brainstorming/idea First idea was to have smaller tiles and dif...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Setting up Chocolate Wolfenstein 3D in Visual Studio 2013 - By ericrrichards22
For the past few weeks, I've been once again noodling on the idea of starting a .NET port of a classic Id FPS. As a kid on my first computer, an off-brand 486 with DOS, I just hit the tail end of t...
Binary shoes, concrete head! - By Ubermeowmix
Hitting walls again, but I've learned just to strap on my protective hat and charge though it... finally emerging on the other side unscathed but realising that the other side of the wall has more...
Game Development Career Guide (PDF) - By Tutorial Doctor
Found this awesome resource on all things gamedev:http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/pubs/gdmag_career_guide_feature.pdf
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Three, two, one, you're out! Adding the countdown timer, and other bits - By braindigitalis
Over the past month I have busied myself adding lots of tiny bits to the game, some of which are obvious to players and others not.I have added a new menu design, with sound effects and animations;...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 hours ago
Om Prototype Inheritance and Object Destructors - By Aardvajk
Om Prototype Inheritance and Destructors Been a while since an update since I've been mainly reimplementing all of the basic functionality into the now third incarnation of Om that has been already...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 20 hours ago
PPP - Pixel Perfect Picking - Edge Selection adventures - By Buckeye
This blog entry describes the continuing adventure of coding an editor for a skinned mesh which has skeletal animation. Coding this app is intended not as a destination, but as a journey of learnin...

PARTNERS