• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

For Beginners

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 7 minutes ago
Fluffy Friday #1: Tile appearing - By VirginRed
More on our IndieDB page Bite sized news for small stuff. Today: Tile appearing. http://media.indiedb.com/images/members/1/652/651585/profile/header.png Today I present you a new kind of post t...
Developer Journal - 20 hours, 21 minutes ago
Om Destructor Woes - By Aardvajk
Om Destructor Woes "Had I knowm, I would have been a watchmaker," is perhaps wrongly quoted to Einstein I believe on his discovery that E=MC2 meant the possibility of the atomic bomb. Well "Had I k...
Developer Journal - 22 hours, 53 minutes ago
Compute shader for skinned mesh animation - D3D11 - By Buckeye
Preface I was raised and educated as an engineer. Not an engineer for a locomotive (though I would've loved to have been such in the days of steam), but, by education and experience, an engineer i...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 8 hours ago
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 14 hours ago
Inverse Kinematics to the rescue. - By desdemian
I'm currently trying things to make the game easier on the new player, without sacrificing the original vision.Besides modifying the first levels, I have added a few control related improvements. I...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 9 hours ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #3: Better late than never - By Night Lone
I took this week studying a few things. Unfortunately that means that not much has been done; in fact I could paste what I've done here, if it wasn't in 10 different files!So, what have I been stud...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 22 hours ago
Playing with terrains - By arka80
The need I thought for a bit to a method to render tiled maps (terrains) in a way that seems less... well, less tiled actually. The brainstorming/idea First idea was to have smaller tiles and dif...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 16 hours ago
Setting up Chocolate Wolfenstein 3D in Visual Studio 2013 - By ericrrichards22
For the past few weeks, I've been once again noodling on the idea of starting a .NET port of a classic Id FPS. As a kid on my first computer, an off-brand 486 with DOS, I just hit the tail end of t...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 18 hours ago
Binary shoes, concrete head! - By Ubermeowmix
Hitting walls again, but I've learned just to strap on my protective hat and charge though it... finally emerging on the other side unscathed but realising that the other side of the wall has more...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 20 hours ago
Game Development Career Guide (PDF) - By Tutorial Doctor
Found this awesome resource on all things gamedev:http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/pubs/gdmag_career_guide_feature.pdf
Developer Journal - 6 days, 15 hours ago
Three, two, one, you're out! Adding the countdown timer, and other bits - By braindigitalis
Over the past month I have busied myself adding lots of tiny bits to the game, some of which are obvious to players and others not.I have added a new menu design, with sound effects and animations;...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 20 minutes ago
Om Prototype Inheritance and Object Destructors - By Aardvajk
Om Prototype Inheritance and Destructors Been a while since an update since I've been mainly reimplementing all of the basic functionality into the now third incarnation of Om that has been already...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 17 hours ago
PPP - Pixel Perfect Picking - Edge Selection adventures - By Buckeye
This blog entry describes the continuing adventure of coding an editor for a skinned mesh which has skeletal animation. Coding this app is intended not as a destination, but as a journey of learnin...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Automatically Generating Sprites for a Space Shooter - By fastcall22
​I'm writing yet another generic space shooter while learning WTL, DirectX, and modern graphics programming along the way. Today was spent writing a script to build SVG fragments into a texture atl...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
BooH released, lessons learned and more - By cozzie
After about 4 months of hard work, today I've releashed my game; BooH.For the ones who read my earlier journal entries, it's been a heck of a ride http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
NLE: Unnamed Engine. Entry #2 - By Night Lone
Welcome back! or if you're new to my new blog, please read "The Start...Kind of..." first! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Now, I'm going to try my best to ma...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
draak update - By jwezorek
Below is gameplay video of a prototype of the puzzle game “Draak” that I am working on. Draak will be an iPad-only iOS game; the prototype below is written to Windows in C# on top of MonoGame. ht...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Handmade vs randomized level design in Epistory - By VirginRed
Handmade vs randomized level design in Epistory The constant dilemma between more control (but time consuming) and more automatism (but never perfect) in Level Design, and how tools can help.http:...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 hours ago
It's done! - By et1337
It took nearly 5 years, $30,000, and most of my sanity, but the game is finally done! Check it out: lemmagame.com Look for a more in-depth postmortem... soon. It's 6:30am and I haven't slept yet.
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 hours ago
IPBoard Chat Extension - By fastcall22
So I finally sat down and spent a Saturday morning extending IPBoard chat client. It works by rerouting IPBoard.prototype.chat to a custom function, which then transforms the message text through a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Down with the FastCall22 reign! - By CulDeVu
So FastCall22 has figured out how to kick himself in the gdchat. Well, he hath prowess over us no more!Here's how to go about it:Step 1:Pull up the developer tools that show you incoming and outgoi...
Shelving the Prototype - By Orymus3
As an indie with a steady income, I have the ability to make prototypes and shelve them as needed.Today is one of these times.After spending some time to get Mercenaries running on Unity (2 Players...
NLE: Unnamed Engine, The start...well kind of... - By Night Lone
Welcome to my nth attempt at making a steady blog for myself and my projects! So, to help others, and myself, I'm gonna write some snippets of stuff here, and hope the ideas, methods and over all...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
World Map Candidate - By JTippetts
Here is a very quick, very rough mockup of what I currently have in mind for the world map:http://i.imgur.com/zPGRISm.jpg The tags/locations on the map would be clickable, either on the map itself...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
New, easier, introductory levels. - By desdemian
So, besides my hud problems , and gameplay troubles , it has come to my attention that the first level is too hard.This is the current first level:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_7DbsnXxpVM/VU2...

PARTNERS