• Create Account

We're offering banner ads on our site from just $5!

1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Writing for Games

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 15 hours ago
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released! - By Norman Barrows
Caveman 3.0 Beta 12 released!PLAY NOW!http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php Game info:http://rocklandsoftware.net/Caveman.php New for beta 12:---------------------------------------------* refactore...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Breaking your engine/game... - By Ashaman73
It is a very long time since I last posted about gnoblins (almost 2 years). After a major shift in the game design and some major refactoring actions, I'm stablilzing the gameplay at the moment. I...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Wrap 2.3 (Awesome topology tool) - By Tutorial Doctor
I was browsing on make human and came across a video of this tool that lets you wrap topology of a model around a 3d scan.http://vimeo.com/101497043
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Iterate, Iterate, Iterate - By gorogorosama
Iterate, iterate, iterate.Here is a Super Meat Boy replay that composites the player’s 100 attempts to get through the level, all of them dying somewhere along the way except the final attempt whe...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Good Vibrations - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog One of the biggest problems with creating 2D games is adding weight to the players actions, if you are not careful the controls can feel 'floaty' or light. G...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Entities and tracking their components - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest feature of dustArtemis, fixed length bit sets for component tracking! dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-lice...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Bret Victor on the Future of Programming - By Tutorial Doctor
Bret Victor seems to think that the future of programming will be more node-based too. This guy is awesome by the way.http://vimeo.com/71278954
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Computer Programming: Disorganized Complexity - By Tutorial Doctor
The one thing that has plagued me is the disorganized complexity of the whole computer programming situation. Gist, Gits, Stack Overflow, Gamedev.net, IRC freenode, branches, forks, etc. There are...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #4 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler's knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #3 - By Washu
<p>This is a test of your knowledge of C++, not of your compiler’s knowledge of C++. Using a compiler during this test will likely give you the wrong answers, or at least incomplete ones....
C++ Quiz #2 - By Washu
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
The Meachnical Heart: Solo+ Development - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog I had planned on writing about screen shake this week, but unfortunately the screen shake I came up with didn't look as good as I wanted. So (hopefully) I wi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Prototypes - By gorogorosama
http://i2.wp.com/www.gorogorosama.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/prototypes1.jpg?resize=474%2C237 Two prototypes in two weeks. Mission accomplished. Let me know what you think!Prototype U - -...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
The Harvest: Aftermath - By riuthamus
So, after the end of the contest: Byte, Goss, and myself decided to move on with the project we had started. Telanor eventually joined as well and has been working on some of the more important sys...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
The Meachnical Heart: Engine Upgrade - By dsm1891
The Mechanical Heart Development Blog This week marks the final(ish) turning point for TMH's Engine. If you have read previous additions you ay know the engine was originally written in C++ and u...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
So It Begins - By gorogorosama
http://www.gorogorosama.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/so_it_begins.jpg Today is my first day working as an independent developer.Archon Rises has been submitted to the app store for soft-launch an...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Review of Legend of Grimrock 2 (Video Game) - By ShiftyCake
Legend of Grimrock 2 (Almost Human, 2014) is a role-playing action game with puzzle aspects modelled after classic 1980s and 1990 role-playing action games. The game is a dungeon crawler that uses...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Unity, here we come! - By Orymus3
Some of you may already be aware that I was part of the Week of Awesome II jam a few weeks back (and finished 4th! yay!).I've already explained my reasons to participate in this event, and one of t...
The judge's post-mortem - By slicer4ever
So with the Week of Awesome II coming to a close, some folks have asked me to also write up a post mortem on the entire event. I'm not the best at writing up these sort of things, but i'll see what...
Darkholm: An Exhumation - By Thaumaturge
(Why an "exhumation"? Well, a post-mortem has already been done: this is me digging up the corpse to re-examine it in light of new evidence.)So, what went so wrong? Having read the reports given by...

PARTNERS