Mobile and Console Development

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 7 hours ago
GUI/Tools programming vs Game programming - By desdemian
Dear diary...I've been doing a lot of GUI/tool programming for the last two months (mainly building a level/character/campaing editor).And I have noticed a huge difference in my mental state while...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 21 hours ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 7 hours ago
KREEP, radioactive. - By Spidi
Hi everyone!Long time no see. It is, that time of the year, everyone gets sick, first my fiancée, than me, and shortly after my cat followed http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/defau...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Snail Organs, Immune System, and Ageing - By Drakonka
Organs! Immune systems! Old age! Dying from old age!I’m super excited. I was thinking: “How do I implement old age and death, and health in general? Is health just energy? When the snail is out of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Overland Map Refactor - Fleet Movement - By Eck
Personal Update: I apologize for the delay in my weekly update. While the kiddo was spending the night at her grandmother's, she broke a glass which sliced her foot open. http://public.gamedev5.ne...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
September update: the new mining interface - By Ashaman73
Here is the September developer log. This time I'm showing off the development of the mining interface over several versions. Even if the current interface version seems to be a logical way to appr...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Pongout 0.83 WIP - By fastcall22
Well, it's about time I posted some progress pics of the game I've been working on the past month or so. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Pongout is a crossover...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Character Editor is done - By desdemian
It was very simple to create since I had all the screens ready.I just separated three screens form the Level Editor (Image Editor, Part Editor and Object Editor) and packed them into a Character Ed...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 16 hours ago
Wild snails around the world - By Drakonka
Did you know that there is an entirely separate formula to calculate the distance between two points on the surface of a sphere? I mean…it kind of makes sense when you think about it. The shortest...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Level Editor done. - By desdemian
The level editor is done.It took me a lot longer that I estimated, but I have everything in place now so hopefully I can start focusing on level design.It is divided in several "screens". The Image...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Merc Tactics: Early beta demo - By Ed Welch
As promised in my last post, I am releasing an early beta version of Merc Tactics.Merc tactics is a squad based game similiar to Jagged Alliance. It is set in a lawless country plagued by tribal wa...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Messing around with Message Boxes - By Eck
Personal Update: I had more car trouble with the other vehicle. >.< But this last part should fix it. I'm continuing the bike riding lessons with the kiddo and figured out how to adjust V-...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
KREEP, on old computers?! - By Spidi
Hello again!So I've been working on the menu of the game and it is close to being finalized. Not happy with all the sprites and colors, but I think I've achieved a "retro sci-fi" look which fits th...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Bringing snail stables down to earth - By Drakonka
SnailLife snail stables have always lived in the ether - in some virtual universe with no physical location. Since I'm trying to make SnailLife based in reality, users' snail stables should also be...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
"Overland" Ship Movement with Random Encounters - By Eck
Personal Update: Busy week! We bought bikes for the family and I'm teaching the kiddo how to ride. We had some car trouble where the front wheel well was smoking terribly and we had to get it towe...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
KREEP, Ready, Set, Tiles! - By Spidi
Hi there!Small update this time. This week I've completed the final tile set for the game. Not so many new ones, but they were really missing from some of the maps to finalize the look & feel....
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 4 hours ago
Merc Tactics: video preview - By Ed Welch
I am starting this blog by posting a video preview of my new game, Merc Tactics. I hope you like it:http://youtu.be/FEhxp8XjF9U Merc Tactics is a squad-based game, inspired by the likes of Jagg...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Multiple Ships and Various Ship Configurations - By Eck
Development Update I spent this week reorganizing my battle system code. In the early version, I had hard-coded 2 ship participants: (1 human, 1 ai ship), but now it supports fleet versus fleet.I...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
KREEP, Boom! Ready or not. - By Spidi
Hello everyone!This update took a while, a little sickness and a lot of work are to blame http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png ...I've finished implementing all the mu...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Moving Right Along with Ship Movement - By Eck
Personal Update: It looks like I won the Week of Awesome III unofficial judging award ! >.>I had a lot of fun playing all the entries and participating at least peripherally in WoA III. Co...
August Update (Version 0.2.40) - By Ashaman73
Here's the august update. This month I worked on improving the accessibility of the user interface. A lot of the more complex features have been moved on the main screen, especially the mining map...
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...