• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Mobile and Console Development

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 3 days, 4 hours ago
Snaily Updates - By Drakonka
I was going to try to remember all the things I’ve done in the last month on snails, but this seems impossible. So here’s a lazy list of git commits within this time:* 5 seconds ago, User messaging...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 12 hours ago
New everything. - By desdemian
My father gave me his old laptop.Since his "old" laptop was still 4 years younger than my current laptop, I took it. I needed it to record better videos since fraps+my game was too much for my curr...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 18 hours ago
Unity Turn Based Combat - By Eck
Personal Update I'm still working to finish out the month at my job. We have a four month old and six month old puppy (Malcolm and Serenity) who have been a bit of a time sink. Plus they've torn u...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 1 hour ago
Gameplay update - By Ashaman73
So, the month is almost over and no update up-to-now. There’s not much to show off. For one I was on vacation, on the other hand I play tested a lot and refined/rebalanced the game play.The gamepla...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 19 hours ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
The Week of Awesome? Last year , I took part in the Week of Awesome II, explaining the reasons why I chose to join.As I've effectively just determined that I'll be joining up for the Week of Awesom...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Jumping into the Deep End - Plus Lasers! - By Eck
About Me This section might be boring to you, but I need to say it just to get it off my chest and proclaim to the world my intentions. Feel free to skip down to cool lasers in unity. http://publ...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Meshes and Scenes - By Bacterius
In the last entry some simple rendering techniques aimed at improving the speed and quality of the renders were presented. In this short entry the ray tracer will be extended in two rather major wa...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Adding physical projections. - By desdemian
I've been working on adding physical projections of what is going to happen.In the previous version of The Most Poser Heroes, there was a lot of "guessing" of what was going to happen. You had to r...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Vertex Shaders and Textures for YAGSS - By fastcall22
This a continuation of the Yet Another Generic Space Shooter (YAGSS) game.Most of the graphics programming I've learned has been done through software rendering and fixed-function OpenGL, so I wasn...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
Solution to Level 2 - By desdemian
Continuing working on the introductory levels, this is the solution for level 2.Here the player gains control over the leg also (level 1: only controls the arm). The body is still fixed, so there's...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
What came first, the chicken or the egg: Implementing the loading screen - By braindigitalis
Another week, another feature!This week heralds the addition of a loading screen. Partly due to a thread here on gamedev.net i decided that perhaps now was the time to add one, as shown below.http...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
Items - By Drakonka
After finishing yesterday's post about generating images for user-combined substrate items I realized that I never really provided an explanation about how items work in general (or how they work f...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Generating images for combined substrate - By Drakonka
The Laravel 5 migration is complete and I'm back to substrate mixing and brain bug fixing!Actually, I think now that basic mixing is done I'm going to do a few weeks of just bug fixing. The substra...
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Inverse Kinematics to the rescue. - By desdemian
I'm currently trying things to make the game easier on the new player, without sacrificing the original vision.Besides modifying the first levels, I have added a few control related improvements. I...
Game Development Career Guide (PDF) - By Tutorial Doctor
Found this awesome resource on all things gamedev:http://www.cs.northwestern.edu/~hunicke/pubs/gdmag_career_guide_feature.pdf
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Three, two, one, you're out! Adding the countdown timer, and other bits - By braindigitalis
Over the past month I have busied myself adding lots of tiny bits to the game, some of which are obvious to players and others not.I have added a new menu design, with sound effects and animations;...
Automatically Generating Sprites for a Space Shooter - By fastcall22
​I'm writing yet another generic space shooter while learning WTL, DirectX, and modern graphics programming along the way. Today was spent writing a script to build SVG fragments into a texture atl...
draak update - By jwezorek
Below is gameplay video of a prototype of the puzzle game “Draak” that I am working on. Draak will be an iPad-only iOS game; the prototype below is written to Windows in C# on top of MonoGame. ht...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
IPBoard Chat Extension - By fastcall22
So I finally sat down and spent a Saturday morning extending IPBoard chat client. It works by rerouting IPBoard.prototype.chat to a custom function, which then transforms the message text through a...
Shelving the Prototype - By Orymus3
As an indie with a steady income, I have the ability to make prototypes and shelve them as needed.Today is one of these times.After spending some time to get Mercenaries running on Unity (2 Players...
New, easier, introductory levels. - By desdemian
So, besides my hud problems , and gameplay troubles , it has come to my attention that the first level is too hard.This is the current first level:https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_7DbsnXxpVM/VU2...
Materialsystem - By Ashaman73
Currently I'm playing around with the material system of Gnoblins. Many models in Gnoblins are recoloured dynamically to have the option to quickly add new colour variances. I wanted to add materia...
Procedural Genration Wiki - By Tutorial Doctor
A must have resource for learning about procedural generation algorithms. Very useful stuff:http://pcg.wikidot.com
Migrating to Laravel 5 - By Drakonka
A few days ago I decided that there's no use putting it off any longer - it's time to upgrade to Laravel 5. I've been sitting on 4.2 for months and 5 is a major revision to...well...everything.I kn...

PARTNERS