• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Mobile and Console Development

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 26 minutes, 39 seconds ago
HTTP for gamelogic... are you insane ? - By Ashaman73
Well, maybe a little bit. In my answer to this post over here , I mentioned, that I use HTTP as guideline to refer method/function calls in my game. I expected, that some developers will think that...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 9 hours ago
Cathedral Battle - By joew
I've been working on the animation editor all day but took a break to work on a few campaign events... finally fixed up some bugs in the Aduro Cathedral and promptly got beat down http://public.gam...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 10 hours ago
States, Firms, & Households Release - By polyfrag
I'm releasing on Desura on May 17th.http://www.desura.com/games/corporation-states-ii Check it out if you've been following my economic RTS project. The best part is multiplayer and I hope there wi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 22 hours ago
3D Flappy Bird - Unity Project - By newtechnology
This is the source code or the unity project of my Flappy Bird clone which was recently released on the Google Play Store. In this game, you're playing from the perspective of the bird and rest of...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Polish that build! - By joew
We've been insanely hard at work getting ready for our next major build, which is what we'll be using to record our Greenlight trailer and various gameplay promotional videos. I was really hoping w...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 52 minutes ago
Project 20 - By Ashaman73
We are still working on the art part. I've called the current goal Project 20, that is, integrate 20 different creature models into the game. In total we have currently 27 character models of diffe...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
The IGF reviews are here. - By desdemian
The IGF reviews are here. The good news is that they all concur to the same point. The bad news is the point they all concur to.Consensus: Good idea. Boring implementation.===I really like the ide...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Flickering - By polyfrag
Hello devs. I tested multiplayer with somebody but it appears there's flickering of the game world in play mode. I tested it on my laptop and on a 2007 computer and didn't notice anything. I don't...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Texture Caching, Concept art and more! - By braindigitalis
It's been a month or so since i last wrote a journal entry here, but this has not been due to lack of work on the game.Rather the opposite in fact, i find myself spending so much time creating the...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 19 hours ago
Thinking Through Substrate - By Drakonka
After checking in the basic substrate item implementation yesterday I got to thinking - never a good sign.The original idea was to have some pre-set types of substrate - garden dirt, rock, potting...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Jar Substrate Is a Go - By Drakonka
It's finally in. Well, the beginning stages anyway. Jar substrate. Anyone who knows anything about snails knows that they can't live in a glass box without some sort of substrate to hide in, get mo...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Rethinking my hud - By desdemian
So... about my hud. This is my current hud design (graphics not final).https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-7R0R7eWa75Q/VRtFgM8AVhI/AAAAAAAAFHs/xhNO4B5C2ig/s1012/mine.PNG I made it based on YouTube's...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Megamorphic calls - By TheChubu
I'll be having this journal to post random stuff probably! So... Megamorphic calls JVM distinguish regular calls from megamorphic calls (actually it distinguishes bimorphic calls too but whatever...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Art - Work in progress - By Ashaman73
It is art time again :-)I'm working on the creatures you can encounter in Gnoblins at the moment. Currently there are almost 20 different creatures in the pipeline, most are still in the modelling...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 3 hours ago
The Rendering Equation - By Bacterius
Please forgive the delay between the previous entry and this one. I didn't mention this before, but I'll try to post these at intervals of two weeks to a month or so; I had already prewritten the f...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Isometric balance - By polyfrag
Much work later, I achieved a balance that can continue indefinitely, breaking my previous record of 79+ hours, this time without any adjustments or intervention. What does this mean? This means I...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
The Mechanical Heart: Room Generation - By dsm1891
http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_894/gallery_209611_894_263612.png The Mechanical Heart Development Blog Sorry for the laps in journals lately I have recently (by recently I mean 4 mon...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
Playing around with environment lighting mockups - By Servant of the Lord
I've been playing around in Paint Shop Pro to mockup different environment lightings. These are conceptual (they aren't in-game): http://puu.sh/gGSr4/c1948952f0.png This is stylistic practice for...
Image Recognition in Mobile Game Testing - By vvh
Speaking of mobile game testing, it is a common misconception that manual testing is the only way to go forward. In many cases it is the first thing to start with, but to really get all issues spot...
LightWave - Phase 1 finished. - By slicer4ever
Today i'd like to talk about a new framework i've been working on. Honestly i expect myself to be the only person to ever reasonable use this framework, but it is a challenge that i one day hope wi...
Data permanence (or a lack thereof) - By swiftcoder
When Google VP Vint Cerf warned that increased dependence on technology could lead to a ‘digital dark age’ , he merely echoed the concern of everyone involved in the preservation of information in...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Fluid simulation and swimming - By Ashaman73
Time to show something off http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Recently I worked on the fluid simulation in Gnoblins. Until now fluids in Gnoblins were merely a vis...
Loading Time - By joew
Well it was great to meet up with old friends, make new friends, and learn a lot at GDC... although now I'm paying for it trying to catch up! So not much has changed in the build since last week, b...
Flabby You - My Flappy Bird Clone - By newtechnology
http://i.imgur.com/4TOJlXa.png "Flabby You" is a clone of the popular game "flappy bird" made by me alone in the Unity engine. It is a 3D version of flappy bird with some modifications. In this g...
Level completion animation - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!Another week has passed, and more features have been added into my game. Today, I have found some time to create the end of level animation.I have drawn my inspiration heavily from casu...

PARTNERS