Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 6 hours, 24 minutes ago
Learning Blender - By fastcall22
Hi there! Long time no see. Been busy, but learning Blender. I figured if I knew my way around various GNU programs (GNU screen, less) and their keyboard shortcuts, how bad could Blender be? I've s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Bandit's Shark Showdown - Can Video Games Help Stroke Victims? - By Promit
It's been a long time since I've posted, but with good reason. For the last couple months, I've been busy building our newest game: Bandit's Shark Showdown! Released as a launch title for Apple TV...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
If an RPG falls in a forest, but the trees suck, does anyone care? - By Servant of the Lord
My game, Of Stranger Flames, takes place in a fictional French colony settled in a heavily-wooden bit of terrain.Forested areas appeal to me greatly, so it makes sense to set my game in a forest.Th...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Adding the menu, loading screen and mini-map - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!It has been a busy month or so in the land of game development for me. My game has moved on to now having a proper menu system, a loading screen and asynchronous streaming levels. Along...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
PlayFab Game Jam Postmortem - By swiftcoder
<p>A couple of weeks ago I participated in a 48-hour game jam hosted by PlayFab here in Seattle, with fellow procedural planet veteran <a href="http://alexcpeterson.com/ " target="_blan...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
Week Of Awesome III - My Results - By slicer4ever
Thank you everyone for bearing with the wait, you can find my results here, for individual ranking see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mezCu1oGOe6K4RvvpuXy6QHLo7ZvpDv3...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Engine Update - Rendering Bounding Volumes - By SIC Games
I'll get Bounding Sphere bounding volume to render shortly. I just wanted to render a AABB. Awesome thing is it's now fit to the actual mesh. Sometimes when the mesh gets imported - it has to be sc...
Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows - By fastcall22
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.Introduction:If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consist...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
Engine Update - Frustum Culling, multiple subsets - By SIC Games
Today I got around to adding loading multiple sub meshes and frustum culling. I'll be looking more in depth of occlusion culling and other culling techniques as in Octree Culling. As for the Pillar...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 2 weeks ago
IPBoard Extensions v1.5 - By fastcall22
Changelog:Added new emotes.Fixed literal backslash escaping.Changed users command to link users to their profiles.And various other things since version 1.0 that I've forgotten. // ==UserScript==//...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 weeks ago
FM Synth and Plotting with PowerShell - By fastcall22
Beep boop, making progress on my FM synthesizer. Had a nasty popping sound with my phase-feedback logic and needed some way to rapidly graph out the logic. Powershell to the rescue: # plot-sample.p...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 days ago
Smart enemies and AI - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,I have had some spare time to spend on getting the AI working in my game for enemies. Moving on from simple Chickens, which don't do anything much except walk around waiting to be kille...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 days ago
Winner winner, chicken dinner! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As the next step in my game i have decided to anger various right-wing animal rights groups by testing out virtual weapons on virtual chickens. The next step in my game was obvious in t...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Swordplay, castles and other RPG things - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As another week passes it's that time again to showcase what new features i've added to the game. This week i have concentrated on animations, and using the unreal engine per bone blen...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Game Engine Update - Bloom Post Process - By SIC Games
Finally today I've added bloom - I know not every object has bloom in the real world. It bugs when when I'm playing a game and I see a shirt giving off bloom effect.Originally I was rendering norma...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
From YAML to renderer in 50ms - By TheChubu
The idea of these couple entries will be to describe how I load my renderer's pipeline from a YAML file. In this particular entry I'll be describing the renderer architecture as it is right now. Fr...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Give me my sword, so i might smite thee! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,The game is now advancing at quite some pace as i find all sorts of things here and there to add, all of which are requirements for gameplay. The main one of these this week has been we...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Seven Spells of... wha? What's all this rammel? - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This post earmarks the start of my new journal here on gamedev,net. I tend to start multiple projects at once, so that once i start feeling burnout bite on one, i can change to another...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 1 week ago
Game Engine Update - By SIC Games
I'm just going to make this quick entry in my journal. So far there's been a couple nice updates; the ability to play my own video format perfectly. The ability to create a spinning progress ring w...