Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 4 days, 12 hours ago
It’s happening - By fastcall22
Oh boy, it’s happening. http://i.imgur.com/fy3Usda.png (665 KB) Learned how to cycles render. Basic water ‘n’ stuff-- still needs some work.
Developer Journal - 5 days, 13 hours ago
Doodle - By fastcall22
Just a doodle. http://i.imgur.com/DeyN9TZ.png (177.8KB)
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 15 hours ago
Block Transfers, Buffers, and Audio - By fastcall22
Waiting for Visual Studio to update, so I thought I’d write something. When working with streams such as file or audio processing, you usually run into the same problem: How to copy the most data w...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
The claw is gonna get ya! (if the explosions don't!) - By braindigitalis
Hi all, Another day, another feature! The last couple of days have kept me busy creating a "physics powered" grab arm for picking up the crates. When the player gets the crates to the exit, th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
New World instance builder - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the new interface for creating World instances, the World.Builder!  dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
"It's like the difference between night and day!" - Polishing the lighting - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone! It has been a long time (nearly a year) since i last worked on this game. My usual development routine involves having multiple games in progress at any one time. Once i start fee...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Maximized IPBoard Chat - By fastcall22
Hi there. It’s been a while. Spent some time today fixing up the stupid IPBoard chat. I somehow managed to monkey-patch IPBoard’s styles to maximize use of screen space: Before:http://i.imgur.com/x...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Shuffling class responsibilities - By TheChubu
In this update I'll talk about the latest release of dustArtemis, which changes a bit the component handling.  dustArtemis  dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 18 hours ago
Quick Opaque Pointer Example - By fastcall22
Hi there. Someone on the chat today was asking about the pimpl idiom, and I thought I'd write up a quick little example. The purpose of an opaque pointer is to move the the implementation specific...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
One code base to rule them all! - By slicer4ever
For quite awhile i took a break, getting frustrated with my progress on my framework. recently i've decided to come back with a new plan in mind, get it to the point that it can be used to make som...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 days ago
Learning Blender - By fastcall22
Hi there! Long time no see. Been busy, but learning Blender. I figured if I knew my way around various GNU programs (GNU screen, less) and their keyboard shortcuts, how bad could Blender be? I've s...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 1 week ago
Bandit's Shark Showdown - Can Video Games Help Stroke Victims? - By Promit
It's been a long time since I've posted, but with good reason. For the last couple months, I've been busy building our newest game: Bandit's Shark Showdown! Released as a launch title for Apple TV...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
If an RPG falls in a forest, but the trees suck, does anyone care? - By Servant of the Lord
My game, Of Stranger Flames, takes place in a fictional French colony settled in a heavily-wooden bit of terrain.Forested areas appeal to me greatly, so it makes sense to set my game in a forest.Th...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 weeks ago
Adding the menu, loading screen and mini-map - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!It has been a busy month or so in the land of game development for me. My game has moved on to now having a proper menu system, a loading screen and asynchronous streaming levels. Along...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 6 days ago
PlayFab Game Jam Postmortem - By swiftcoder
<p>A couple of weeks ago I participated in a 48-hour game jam hosted by PlayFab here in Seattle, with fellow procedural planet veteran <a href="http://alexcpeterson.com/ " target="_blan...
Developer Journal - 6 months, 3 weeks ago
Simple stuff: Creating a spawner in UE4 using C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This weeks simple project was to create an effective enemy spawner in UE4 using C++. I already had a simplistic blueprint version of this, but it had some bugs which were causing crashe...
Developer Journal - 7 months, 4 days ago
Rewriting the AI Controller in C++ - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So it's been a while since i last posted a blog entry. It has been an extremely busy time for me, tweaking and improving the performance and design of my game. I have finally moved on f...
Developer Journal - 7 months, 5 days ago
Trimming Eclipse's Fat - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'll describe how I do my Eclipse installs, with only the stuff I need. Trimming Eclipse's Fat So the issue is the following: Eclipse is kinda fat. At least that's the general i...
Developer Journal - 8 months, 15 hours ago
Week Of Awesome III - Postmortem - By slicer4ever
This is my postmortem for the WoA III. I have been mulling over what many of the contestants have said, what has been discussed. I tried to reflect more on how to improve things for next year. The...
Developer Journal - 8 months, 5 days ago
Week Of Awesome III - My Results - By slicer4ever
Thank you everyone for bearing with the wait, you can find my results here, for individual ranking see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mezCu1oGOe6K4RvvpuXy6QHLo7ZvpDv3...
Developer Journal - 8 months, 5 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 8 months, 1 week ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Engine Update - Rendering Bounding Volumes - By SIC Games
I'll get Bounding Sphere bounding volume to render shortly. I just wanted to render a AABB. Awesome thing is it's now fit to the actual mesh. Sometimes when the mesh gets imported - it has to be sc...
Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows - By fastcall22
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.Introduction:If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consist...
Developer Journal - 8 months, 2 weeks ago
Engine Update - Frustum Culling, multiple subsets - By SIC Games
Today I got around to adding loading multiple sub meshes and frustum culling. I'll be looking more in depth of occlusion culling and other culling techniques as in Octree Culling. As for the Pillar...

PARTNERS