• Create Account

Business and Law

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 15 hours, 34 minutes ago
Reduce the Scale or Create a Demo? - By Navyman
Scale of a project is often the weakest point in a game's development. The game I have in mind to create is no different. With nearly 500 cards alone scale is a large factor in the amount of time i...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 5 hours ago
Zzazzy 1.0.0 - By jwezorek
My iPad game Zzazzy has made it through the review process and is now on the App Store: see here .I will be updating the page I have for it here this week with more detailed instructions than what...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 1 hour ago
ComponentManager v ComponentMapper: Dawn of Components - By TheChubu
Do you know in which results page dustArtemis appears if you search for “artemis framework” in Google? Absolutely in none of them! So we're going to celebrate by talking about the ComponentManager...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 14 hours ago
You'll regret not keeping a dev journal - By joew
Way back in the day when we first started pre-production on Empyrios I told myself I wanted to make time to keep a development journal.Unfortunately I did not.There was always something else I had...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Progress Report - July 21st 2014 - By Norman Barrows
Progress Report - July 21st 2014Beta 9 has been posted to the website, with a new download page:http://rocklandsoftware.net/beta.php I could really use some feedback on the game, so please, check i...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Time for a fresh week! - By joew
I spent the majority of the week polishing design, although that pretty much amounted to ability naming and drafting our final HUD design and functionality. Until you sit down and try to name 120 a...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
GS:SW "Mercenaries" -- Log 2 - "Let there be Game!" - By Orymus3
"Let there be Game!" I was hoping to get this done much earlier, but a lot got in the way...Coming in, I knew this was going to be a tough/long stretch. I wanted to work more on the combat aspect...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Another great way to reduce my insantiy with interfaces... - By SIC Games
Upon revising the engine's SDK - I finally understood how powerful creating interfaces can truely be! Say inside the level editor the grid outline outputs color - the skybox outputs texture data -...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Evolution of Icons - By joew
One of the things we're working on finalizing right now on Empyrios: Prophecy of Flame is the HUD for selecting unit abilities. Our artist Jove is working on upgrading and polishing the final artwo...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Simple Animated Sprite with Löve2D (long one) - By dejaime
A guide to implement a usable animated sprite system and respective manager.It goes from data serialization with Lua through the rendering of the many animations with an animated sprite and reuse o...
The Return of the Lord - Games by younger me - By Arthur Souza
Hey guys! I thought I would share this with you. This is a game I made with rpgmaker that lasted a while. I worked in this from 2004-2007, when I was 14-17.The game is in Portuguese, pt-br, so that...
A new "Painterly" Visual Style for Halloween 2014 - By GoCatGo
I'm really digging this post-process effect on my Halloween 2014 game's mood. I'm close to getting a nice mix of both creepy and nostalgic -- just what I am aiming for.Unfortunately I'm hitting st...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Eclipse Indigo Bug Workaround - ( Export > Launch Configuration ) Invalid Configs - By Shippou
There is a bug in Eclipse Indigo that has been driving me up a wall the last few days.Whenever you delete a Java project, it's launch configuration ( File > Export > (type) > Launch Con...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
What's in a name? - By joew
We have finally completed the work needed to correct the naming/branding issue I mentioned in my last post . It took a lot more time and effort than I had originally hoped, but in the end I'm extre...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 5 days ago
Speed bumps and soft launches - By joew
Whenever people ask me what it's like to build a startup, not just in games but in general, I often equate it to driving a car with no breaks down a road full of speed bumps and road blocks. If you...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 6 days ago
Getting Lost Keeping the Lights on - By Navyman
There comes a time, for some more than once, when a single developer or small team looks at their financing and the decision to continue working or increase the available funds must be answered. Th...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 16 hours ago
Simplified Example Of How To Use JPanel & JFrame With Lots Of Different Stuff - By Shippou
Below you will find a fully functional code example that shows how to do many common tasks with JPanel & JFrame. I stripped out as much useless "fluff" as I could, leaving the code as bare as...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex - By Tutorial Doctor
I've diagnosed myself with having an inferiority complex:It never makes me feel good when I see my faults in the mirror.Now, this is a time of reflection, but all of a sudden I am thinking of how t...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
We announced Imperia our strategy RPG! - By joew
We're a tiny studio and we finally found the time (well made the time by staying up about 50 hours straight) to finalize our site and announce our upcoming strategy RPG Imperia for the iPad/Mac/PC...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
New Studio: First month in review - By slayemin
This week is a bit unusual. I'm taking a planned vacation on Friday and will be gone for two weeks. All I see is costly expenses and that's causing me to grit my teeth a bit, but I'm trying not to...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
ComponentManager and its Impact on Modern Society - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to describe the ComponentManager class and the changes I made to it in dustArtemis, including a few bug fixes http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
New Studio: Week 3 - Prototyping - By slayemin
​Tuesday: It's Tuesday night, I'm sipping a beer and barely feeling it. Let's do this!My artist (Dan) and I started building the initial prototype for our game this week. The first thing we did is...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
New Changes in dustArtemis - By TheChubu
Hi! In this entry I'm going to review the latest changes in dustArtemis and some thoughts on potentially big performance issue. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , whi...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Grand Strategy: Space War - "Mercenaries" -- Log 1 - By Orymus3
Hi,I took a few days off this week. I had promised myself to do some devving on the side this summer, and exposed my thoughts in my previous entry. I took about 4-5 hours in the last 4 days to look...

PARTNERS