• Create Account

Your Announcements

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 1 hour ago
Announcing Psychologist.js, a RAD HTML5 VR framework - By Sean T. McBeth
I've written a little bit about this project for a little while, and I've finally decided on a name.Psychologist.js is a framework for rapidly prototyping virtual reality applications using standa...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 21 hours ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 8 hours ago
How to create a 3D OpenGL game in 10 minutes with biicode - By dimitros.be
Before we begin, I would like to clarify that I am not affiliated with biicode in any way, neither has biicode endorsed or approved this article or the code I have uploaded to their service. I am j...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
HTML5 audio for games made easy - By Sean T. McBeth
Audio in the browser is deceptively tetchy. It's easy to get a basic sound to play with the <audio> tag .<audio id="myAudioThinger" controls="controls" preload="auto" autoplay="true"...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 19 hours ago
Why I turned down a great job offer. - By Sean T. McBeth
I recently received a very generous job offer from a rather prestigious company. I didn't even apply, they contacted me through LinkedIn. To say that I was honored to even receive a cold-contact fr...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 12 hours ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 16 hours ago
Slimming down the Epoch runtime and improving program start times - By ApochPiQ
Right now a big limitation of the Epoch program execution model is the fact that .EXEs generated by the compiler are not in fact native binaries. They are compact bytecode wrapped in a thin shim th...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 18 hours ago
What I am working on… - By jwezorek
I’m working on a puzzle game for iPads that takes the mechanics of a somewhat obscure game from the 1990s(*) and puts them on a double logarithmic spiral. The final app will be styled similar to...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
VR Lessons Learned So Far - By Sean T. McBeth
This is a loosely organized list of things I've noticed while using and developing virtual reality applications for the smartphone-in-headset form factor. It is specific to my experience and may no...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
WebRTC device syncing - By Sean T. McBeth
https://www.seanmcbeth.com:8081/img/screenshot.png WebGL VR Big update today. When you use your PC in conjunction with your Smartphone, the two devices will communicate over your local network, ra...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Epoch Mailing List - By ApochPiQ
I've spun up a mailing list for the Epoch project, mostly because I'm tired of having conversations about it span half a dozen websites and PMs and blah blah.Here's the link: clicky . Or you can em...
RADICAL HEROES : Version 1.05 Releases on Oct, 15th! - By MAD UNICORN GAMES
http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_616/gallery_193470_616_271590.png THAT'S RIGHT! The wait is almost over! On October 15, 2014 Radical Heroes: Crimson City Crisis Alpha version 1.05 release...
Three toads and the spit of a badger - By ApochPiQ
So Epoch has a couple of warts that I'm looking at smoothing out. One of them has to do with overloads that do type decomposition of algebraic sum types://// How things look today//type Optional...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Unity, here we come! - By Orymus3
Some of you may already be aware that I was part of the Week of Awesome II jam a few weeks back (and finished 4th! yay!).I've already explained my reasons to participate in this event, and one of t...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Videolog #7 - Answering questions & a 80's montage. - By bladderbloat
Even more time has gone since my last journal entry, but now I remember that making these is great because I can just write it all out since nobody near me could handle all this talk!We made anothe...
Cross Platform 3D Game Development Diary, Entry XI - By dimitros.be
Lately I have been feeling compelled to explain this project to people who have not been following it since the beginning. So I have posted an article on GameDev.net, in which I present the project...
The judge's post-mortem - By slicer4ever
So with the Week of Awesome II coming to a close, some folks have asked me to also write up a post mortem on the entire event. I'm not the best at writing up these sort of things, but i'll see what...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 59 minutes ago
Darkholm: An Exhumation - By Thaumaturge
(Why an "exhumation"? Well, a post-mortem has already been done: this is me digging up the corpse to re-examine it in light of new evidence.)So, what went so wrong? Having read the reports given by...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 12 hours ago
V2.00! (Easy Mode) - By Orymus3
Just thought I'd give everybody a rest and fix the controls.You can now play the 'Easy ' mode!Notable changes:- Increased the mass of the car- Reduced angular drag of the car- Drastically increased...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 17 hours ago
Week Of Awesome II - My Scores - By slicer4ever
here you will find all my reviews/scores for the week of awesome II contestants: http://www.gamedev.net/topic/661418-the-week-of-awesome-ii-the-judge-thread/ ---Team: Orymus3:Game Link: http://orym...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Code for loading TMX level maps, using Json (and marmalade renderer) - By Sotos
It's a pain to create levels, unless you have a level editor that is.Luckily, for 2D games, there are free editors out there like Tiled ( http://www.mapeditor.org/ ).I needed to have a tool to hel...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
I Am Dolphin - Kinect Prototype - By Promit
I'd hoped to write up a nice post for this, but unfortunately I haven't had much time lately. Releasing a game, it turns out, is not at all relaxing. Work doesn't end when you hit that submit butto...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Watching syntax evolve - By ApochPiQ
I'm still thinking a lot about the question of task syntax in Epoch. The more I contemplate the matter, the less I like the idea of having tasks be overloaded as the "only" way to do namespacing. I...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Our New Game: I Am Dolphin - By Promit
After an incredibly long time of quiet development, our new game, I Am Dolphin, will be available this Thursday, October 9th, on the Apple/iOS App Store. This post will be discussing the background...

PARTNERS