• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Your Announcements

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 7 hours, 49 seconds ago
Fences + Farm - By riuthamus
Since the drop of Unity 5.0 we have decided to rework our entire setup. This process will be an annoying one but will provide us with some well overdue cleaning. We added in the farm system and rev...
Developer Journal - 8 hours, 54 minutes ago
Environemnt agents come to the rescue - By Ashaman73
In the previous posting ServantOfLord mentioned, that water could be interact with objects like torches. From a technical perspective it comes down to checking masses of objects. In the past I alre...
Developer Journal - 12 hours, 16 minutes ago
Workin' on the editor - By Servant of the Lord
Progress is picking up again on my 2D RPG game. I never stopped working on the game's engine/editor, but progress was mostly non-visual and slow-moving progress. The engine uses 'layers' (and 'floo...
Developer Journal - 18 hours, 25 minutes ago
Trees! - And that's about it - By Migi0027 (肉)
This isn't really a new big update, just me talking a bit and showing some pictures. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Well, as the title suggests I wanted to pla...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 8 minutes ago
Upgrade icons upgrade - By Pavloid
Today, painted icons for the panel upgrade. The first version of the 4 icons: Somehow they did not suit me. Little changed them. The second version of the 4 icons: This icon has got mor...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 7 hours ago
Musing about swimming... - By Ashaman73
In gnoblins I use a dynamic water system, that is, some areas are flooded, you can flood or drain them. The question is now, how do your minionsor other creatures react to water ? This is no trivia...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 12 hours ago
Moving slowly - By CulDeVu
Hola and all that jazz.So I've decided that I'm officially friendzoning OpenGL.I really want to like OpenGL. I really do. However, after everything we've been through, after both of us seeing each...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 2 hours ago
The Harvest ( Post Contest ) - By riuthamus
It has been some time since I have posted a journal update (due to moving to Hawaii) but I plan to change that this week. I would show off some video but we have been busying converting everything...
The Harvest ( Post Contest ) - By riuthamus
It has been some time since I have posted a journal update (due to moving to Hawaii) but I plan to change that this week. Here are some screenshots of the game post contest:With Unity 4.6 (last wee...
TotAW PR Tour - By gdunbar
Of interest only to me? Maybe, but this post tracks the places I've announced Temple of the Abyssal Winds. I'll update as I continue announcing.MPG dev blog: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/717/entry-2...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 5 hours ago
The story of the search for style - By Pavloid
More recently started making games. All graphics drawing itself. In the current game, it takes much more than in my first game. Who cares (Grater Google play link ).Starting to draw graphics month...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 18 hours ago
Temple of the Abyssal Winds Released! - By gdunbar
Temple of the Abyssal Winds is now available, for iPad and Windows!http://youtu.be/7U-mNJy-sW4 "Twenty years ago, the demoness Urgoroth rose to power from the depths of the Temple of the Abyssa...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 23 hours ago
/cast Resurrect HeightMapEditor - By JTippetts
A short while ago (translation: 10 years) I had been working on a heightmap editor for a game project I was working on. Like most of my projects, it fell by the wayside. I haven't really had time...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 hour ago
"Gamedev Lego": Putting all the parts together into a playable game using an event system - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!So, again, it's been a couple of weeks since my last entry. Moving on from where we were, to where we are now, I am now in a position to start putting together various subsystems and li...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 5 hours ago
Who Is Springtrap From Five Nights At Freddy's ? - By Code Fox
The game "5 Nights At Freddy's 3 " hasn't been out a full day yet, and already there is speculation on who the animatronic "Springtrap" is.One of the most popular theories is that he the only anima...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 21 hours ago
Devlog #17: The Livestream - By Michael Grand
Over the last month we've had fun doing the livestream. We made new friends and everyone had a great time during this month-long experiment.After a month of livestreaming, we've discovered that we...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 23 hours ago
quick test - By Gaiiden
deleting soon
Developer Journal - 4 days, 18 hours ago
Alpha release delivered - By cozzie
Hi everybody.I want to take you on a trip through the development of my 2nd game ever. Note that the 1st was just a 'simple' Asteroids clone, though completely finished with difficulties, levels an...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 17 hours ago
Color Grading! - Yay - By Migi0027 (肉君)
Another entry! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.png So something I never got a basic implementation of was color grading, so today I decided to get a rough implemen...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 5 hours ago
Gnoblins is on facebook now - By Ashaman73
...so check it out: http://www.facebook.com/Gnoblins
Developer Journal - 1 week, 22 hours ago
Through iOS App Review - By gdunbar
http://uploads.gamedev5.net/gallery/album_495/gallery_98001_495_18749.jpg I'll release on Monday or Tuesday when I have time to send out notifications to everyone.Geoff
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Devlog #16: The Bugs are Fixed... I Think - By Michael Grand
Well, the good news is that this works!http://www.ifthensoftware.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/pulling-across-maps-works.gif I finally managed to fix pulling across map borders. You still aren't...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
The game I'm working on...it will tower defense! - By Pavloid
Hello!I want to tell everyone about the game on which I am working. It will be a Tower Defense, but with some differences. The game was created in Unity, target devices: android, wp, ios.The game c...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Devlog #15: Pulling is Buggy - By Michael Grand
The Pulling Mechanic So, today I started work on the "pulling" mechanic. This mechanic allows you to pull other characters around the map. Such a feature would be useful in combat, and would also...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Devlog #14: The World of Volund has been Mapped! - By Michael Grand
Grabbing Sprite Today started off with a relatively easy task: Add in a "grabbing" sprite for when a character grabs on to another.I started off with getting things setup to add the sprite to the...

PARTNERS