• Create Account

Help Wanted Classifieds Old

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Close to the finish line... - By mikeman
Man, I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since we started working on Hyperdrive. http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png I guess part of the reason for that is bec...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 hours ago
Shadowing and lighting my RPG's walls - By Servant of the Lord
I was trying to figure out some some shadowing stuff, and so put this image together for my own benefit, and then figured I'd post it here and share it with anyone interested.Here's how I'm shading...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 13 hours ago
New Studio: First month in review - By slayemin
This week is a bit unusual. I'm taking a planned vacation on Friday and will be gone for two weeks. All I see is costly expenses and that's causing me to grit my teeth a bit, but I'm trying not to...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 5 days ago
New Studio: Week 3 - Prototyping - By slayemin
​Tuesday: It's Tuesday night, I'm sipping a beer and barely feeling it. Let's do this!My artist (Dan) and I started building the initial prototype for our game this week. The first thing we did is...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Art I made today - By Servant of the Lord
I've been really busy with household projects + guests staying over, so I haven't made much progress on Of Stranger Flames .Yesterday and today, I managed to sneak a little time in and made these:W...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 days ago
New Studio: Week 2 review - By slayemin
These are my reflections on the second week of my new indie studio. I wrote them at the end of each day of the week while things were fresh on my mind. It's a bit unedited and long, so bear with me...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
New Studio: Week 1 review - By slayemin
The first week is over. The work days certainly feel a lot longer and much more busy. I thought I'd spend this journal entry detailing a few of the first week issues that I experienced and how I wo...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 week ago
New Studio: Week 1 review - By slayemin
The first week is over. The work days certainly feel a lot longer and much more busy. I thought I'd spend this journal entry detailing a few of the first week issues that I experienced and how I wo...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Starting my studio - By slayemin
Well, I'm taking the dive and going full on into starting my own game dev studio as an indie developer. I'm paying entirely out of pocket and have zero business income. It's got me a bit nervous.I...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 weeks ago
Screenshots of my WIP editor - By Servant of the Lord
Haven't posted anything for quite awhile, so here's two screenshots of the current state of my editor. Some of the tabs and buttons don't actually work, but a surprising amount does work.http://s9....
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 day ago
Approaches to Resource Disposal - By swiftcoder
I’m working on developing a novel programming language, working title ‘aevum’. As part of that process, I’ll be writing a series of articles about various aspects of language design and development...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 4 weeks ago
Thick line rendering revisited. - By slayemin
I realized that the thick line rendering I came up with in my previous post was deeply flawed. I had been drawing thick lines in 3D space but thinking in 2D. I had assumed that the normals for the...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 4 days ago
AntTweakBar wrapper for C# - By Bacterius
Hello,I've just uploaded my C# wrapper for the AntTweakBar GUI library at https://github.com/TomCrypto/AntTweakBar.NET . Some of you might remember me already posting about this on the forum, this...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
Lines with rounded corners - By slayemin
My girlfriend asked me today if I'm behind schedule on my game. I didn't really want to answer her, but she pointed out that I was planning on hiring an artist to work with me in December. It's lon...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 6 hours ago
Undead Castle Intro Video - By afliii
Just a little quick update via Video. Enjoy! http://youtu.be/Xz0zvemhnQc Please check us out at BLMdev.com and IndieDB.com Follow us on Twitter.com/blmdev and Facebook.com/BrokenLimitsMedia
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 days ago
Quick Update: Still Alive - By afliii
Hello followers and interested readers! I just wanted to give a real quick update to let you all know that we're still alive and that we plan on releasing our very first playable Prototype Demo wit...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Undead Castle Prototype Demo - By afliii
Alas! We’re closing in on our biggest update for the Undead Castle! Our first actual demo of the game. This will include a fully controllable and playable main character (Asher), basic / common Und...
Status Update - 4 months, 1 week ago
Jedy
Learn regex the easy way - http://t.co/M5LvTL2MwD ( I just did :D )
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Help us playtest Hyperdrive! - By mikeman
We've made some significant progress with Hyperdrive since the last time I posted...so much in fact that we've decided it's time to engage in some playtesting, in order to test the game in various...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 days ago
A few art pieces over the past few days - By Servant of the Lord
I'm working on a small tool to help me package my games' art assets together in a more manageable way, so here's a screenshot of that:http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/8224/8n5p.png (Most of these b...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 3 days ago
Refactoring and Mad Ramblings - By slayemin
A few weeks ago, I posted an article on OctTrees . I put two days worth of effort and time into creating it. It needed to satisfy my own criteria for what an adequate article on the topic should co...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 4 days ago
Quick Update: Animating Asher - By afliii
Hello gamers! I'm just going to leave a quick update about the Undead Castle game project. Please check out our Vines giving updates to the game. Keep checking in there for weekly updates. La...
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon... - By Servant of the Lord
Inwhich I post some artwork to gaze upon......wistfully longing for them to actually be within the game world itself.Been sick/busy/occupied for awhile with non-programming things, but I've still g...
Status Update - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Servant of the Lord
.@DeliciousRick No denying that #Skylanders has made #Activision truckloads of cash, though!
Developer Journal - 5 months, 2 weeks ago
Still Alive, Still Kicking, Better than ever, and the discussion continues - By cgpIce
Hello,During my absence Dukandia was put on hold, for several reasons, but the point is, Dukandia is still alive, and it is doing far better than it ever was before.Language Change While gone, Du...

PARTNERS