• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Help Wanted Classifieds Old

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

See all related:

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Gameplay update - By Ashaman73
So, the month is almost over and no update up-to-now. There’s not much to show off. For one I was on vacation, on the other hand I play tested a lot and refined/rebalanced the game play.The gamepla...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 6 days ago
June Update - By slayemin
TL;DR: We've decided to polish up and expand the zombie game we've been working on.We've got a few interesting things we're going to do with it http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/d...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 weeks ago
Meshes and Scenes - By Bacterius
In the last entry some simple rendering techniques aimed at improving the speed and quality of the renders were presented. In this short entry the ray tracer will be extended in two rather major wa...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 2 days ago
May Update: Zombie game closer to release - By slayemin
I've been working most of this month to finish up this super simple virtual reality zombie game. I intend to release it commercially on Steam when it's done. The goal is to get customer feedback on...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 1 week ago
Environment Simulation - By Ashaman73
It is time for an other developer log, this time in video form. In one of the previous videos I demonstrated the water simulation capabilities in Gnoblins and I have promised to talk about further...
Developer Journal - 2 months, 3 weeks ago
Materialsystem - By Ashaman73
Currently I'm playing around with the material system of Gnoblins. Many models in Gnoblins are recoloured dynamically to have the option to quickly add new colour variances. I wanted to add materia...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 days ago
Project 30: Model and texture stage done - By Ashaman73
Finally, we have modelled and textured 30 different creatures (previous goal was 20 models). We need to add the basic animation to them now, but first off here is something to show off.First off, t...
Importance Sampling - By Bacterius
Beware: this entry is HUGE, lots of stuff covered and it will likely take time for the reader to digest it all.A version of the rendering equation was introduced in the last entry. As we saw, the i...
Zombie Game - By slayemin
All my attempts at pursuing investment partners so far have failed. That's to be expected though. Usually, if you want to get funded, you're going to need at least six months of effort to get it (a...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
HTTP for gamelogic... are you insane ? - By Ashaman73
Well, maybe a little bit. In my answer to this post over here , I mentioned, that I use HTTP as guideline to refer method/function calls in my game. I expected, that some developers will think that...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 1 week ago
First investor pitch result: mediocre - By slayemin
Alright, I did my first ever pitch to a large group of investors last night. I gave a two minute pitch to a room of 150 people.I fucked it up.My rehearsed pitch was three and a half minutes long. I...
Developer Journal - 3 months, 3 weeks ago
Project 20 - By Ashaman73
We are still working on the art part. I've called the current goal Project 20, that is, integrate 20 different creature models into the game. In total we have currently 27 character models of diffe...
VR and Leap Motion: Early lessons learned - By slayemin
Leap Motion: This is actually really finicky to get working properly with UE4. I don't know what exactly the issue is, but I'm experiencing some pretty big latency between my hand gestures and the...
Oculus Rift and Leap Motion arrived! - By slayemin
I got an Oculus Rift DK2 and a Leap Motion gesture recognition device yesterday! I really wanted to play with it all day, but I had to present our game and game company in front of a 20 person pane...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 days ago
April 1st: VR pivot - By slayemin
I had a hard time falling asleep last night due to my excitement.Yesterday I decided to take the big plunge and take a massive risk by deciding to build a Virtual Reality game. It's a bit of a dir...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 5 days ago
Art - Work in progress - By Ashaman73
It is art time again :-)I'm working on the creatures you can encounter in Gnoblins at the moment. Currently there are almost 20 different creatures in the pipeline, most are still in the modelling...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 6 days ago
The Rendering Equation - By Bacterius
Please forgive the delay between the previous entry and this one. I didn't mention this before, but I'll try to post these at intervals of two weeks to a month or so; I had already prewritten the f...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Game Production Update: Jan - Mar 2015 - By slayemin
A lot has been happening in the last few months and I've been procrastinating on writing this journal entry.Game Summary: The currently untitled PC game is a 4X turn based fantasy strategy game whe...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 1 week ago
Videos - By alfith
Hello.I uploaded the 3 videos I currently have of the game development.The first one is the old terrain + paths test:- infinite terrain- terrain "patch" system to create craters- random tree placem...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 2 weeks ago
Playing around with environment lighting mockups - By Servant of the Lord
I've been playing around in Paint Shop Pro to mockup different environment lightings. These are conceptual (they aren't in-game): http://puu.sh/gGSr4/c1948952f0.png This is stylistic practice for...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 3 weeks ago
Data permanence (or a lack thereof) - By swiftcoder
When Google VP Vint Cerf warned that increased dependence on technology could lead to a ‘digital dark age’ , he merely echoed the concern of everyone involved in the preservation of information in...
Fluid simulation and swimming - By Ashaman73
Time to show something off http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png Recently I worked on the fluid simulation in Gnoblins. Until now fluids in Gnoblins were merely a vis...
3D model - By alfith
Hi,I did a lot of work in the game these days. Now, I can export meshes from Blender, read description files for fonts, materials, objects, levels and render the level. Everything still needs a lot...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Environemnt agents come to the rescue - By Ashaman73
In the previous posting ServantOfLord mentioned, that water could be interact with objects like torches. From a technical perspective it comes down to checking masses of objects. In the past I alre...
Developer Journal - 4 months, 4 weeks ago
Workin' on the editor - By Servant of the Lord
Progress is picking up again on my 2D RPG game. I never stopped working on the game's engine/editor, but progress was mostly non-visual and slow-moving progress. The engine uses 'layers' (and 'floo...

PARTNERS