• Create Account

Banner advertising on our site currently available from just $5!

1. Learn about the promo. 2. Sign up for GDNet+. 3. Set up your advert!

Artificial Intelligence

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 2 hours ago
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game design - By Norman Barrows
Extra Credits - an online weekly video series about game designhttp://extra-credits.net/shows/extra-credits/
Developer Journal - 2 days, 3 hours ago
Winner winner, chicken dinner! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As the next step in my game i have decided to anger various right-wing animal rights groups by testing out virtual weapons on virtual chickens. The next step in my game was obvious in t...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 15 hours ago
Starting EckTech Games and Wrapping up my Floating Combat Text Asset - By Eck
Personal Update: During the early part of the week, I focused on preparing for my interview. I felt like I did really well, but they decided to go with the other candidate. Since I told them I was...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 1 hour ago
SnailLife messaging system - By Drakonka
"What's SnailLife", you say? Well I'm glad you asked! My snail simulation has gone through a couple of names...and even though I was never 100% happy with Gastropoda it was the best I could come up...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 21 hours ago
Swordplay, castles and other RPG things - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!As another week passes it's that time again to showcase what new features i've added to the game. This week i have concentrated on animations, and using the unreal engine per bone blen...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 21 hours ago
On Embedding General-Purpose Scripting Languages - By ApochPiQ
I spend a lot of time thinking about programming languages. Most often it's from the perspective of a consumer, i.e. a programmer using Language X. Sometimes it's from the viewpoint of someone who...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
6 Fascinating Facts About How Video Games are Good For You - By Norman Barrows
6 Fascinating Facts About How Video Games are Good For Youfrom the Intel website:https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/success-story-happy-jump?utm_source=outbrain&utm_medium=outbrain&u...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
Failures in GI-land - By CulDeVu
Hello all! It's been quite a while.So I've been working on life/jobs/family/etc the past couple months. A couple weeks ago, however, I decided to implement a type of arbitrary BRDF sampling based o...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Unity Combat Text, Hits, Misses, Crits, Lasers, and Cannons - By Eck
Personal Update: So last week was my phone screening for an Educational Game Development job. I haven't interviewed in over 8 years, but I passed the screen and my face-to-face is this Tuesday. Ea...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
From YAML to renderer in 50ms - By TheChubu
The idea of these couple entries will be to describe how I load my renderer's pipeline from a YAML file. In this particular entry I'll be describing the renderer architecture as it is right now. Fr...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 hour ago
Work on skinned meshes continues - By Norman Barrows
Work on skinned meshes continuesI added the ability to draw weapon-in-hand to the skinned mesh test routine. It can toggle between weapon types, and uses the game's built-in matrix editor to positi...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 hours ago
Give me my sword, so i might smite thee! - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone,The game is now advancing at quite some pace as i find all sorts of things here and there to add, all of which are requirements for gameplay. The main one of these this week has been we...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
Combat Text, Health Bars, and Ship Death - By Eck
Personal Update: So this was my first week of focused game development. I took a break from the laminate floors and just worked on my game. About half-way through my first full dedicated day, an o...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 23 hours ago
Adding skinned meshes to Caveman - By Norman Barrows
Adding skinned meshes to CavemanA quick update since i haven't posted anything in a while.I'm busy adding skinned meshes to the game.When i started working on the game, i was not sure if i could dr...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
Seven Spells of... wha? What's all this rammel? - By braindigitalis
Hi everyone!This post earmarks the start of my new journal here on gamedev,net. I tend to start multiple projects at once, so that once i start feeling burnout bite on one, i can change to another...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Floating Combat Text and Hardwood Floors - By Eck
Personal Update So the week before last, the puppies tore up the carpet in the living room and the linoleum in the kitchen. So last week, I spent almost all of my time laying Laminate Wood floors....
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Run-Up Re-Education - By Wyrframe
So, with my entry to the WoA III, I plan on polishing up my skills in preparation. I haven't done any real game work that actually had a end-user-like UI in a few years, just lots of backend stuff...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 55 minutes ago
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code part 3 - bottom up designan example of beautiful code using bottom up design.with this method, you start with the lowest level stuff, then add higher level layers until you have a su...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 hour ago
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down design - By Norman Barrows
Beautiful code - part 2 - top down designan example of beautiful code.this was a result of top down design. IE high level routines fist, lowest level routines last.first, the algo was written in co...
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2 - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 5 - implementation example 2another implementation example from caveman 3.0:this is the actual code that draws band members and NPCs in the game now. void draw_caveman2(int...
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation example - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 4 - implementation exampleAn implementation example from Caveman 3.0: // called by draw_skinmesh_caveman // draws eyeballs attached to the headbone with an offset.// to d...
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 3 - mesh and controller memory pools // ----------------------------------- skinned mesh pool API ------------------------------------------- struct skinned_mesh_master{LP...
Skinned mesh code part 2 - Rockland skinned mesh API - By Norman Barrows
Skinned mesh code part 2Rockland skinned mesh API // ------------------------ Rockland skinned mesh API -------------------------- // -------------------------------- load skinned mesh ---------...
Skinned mesh code part 1 - Low level Microsoft code - By Norman Barrows
skinned mesh code part 1low level Microsoft code from DXUT.h and tiny.cpp. June 2010 DX9.0c SDK. // -------------------------------------------------------------------------------// -------------...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 2 hours ago
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managers - By Norman Barrows
L Spiro on scene managers vs state managersan excellent description of scene and state managers by L Spiro from a recent thread:A scene manager manages a scene in your game. A scene is any spaci...

PARTNERS