• Create Account

Calling all IT Pros from Canada and Australia.. we need your help! Support our site by taking a quick sponsored surveyand win a chance at a $50 Amazon gift card. Click here to get started!

Artificial Intelligence

Banner advertising from just $5!

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 21 hours, 55 minutes ago
PAX Day 2 - By slayemin
Yesterday, we had about 30 people come and play our VR wizard game. Today, it was 9. It was depressing.The weather was CRAZY in Seattle today. We had a severe wind storm come through and massive am...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 17 hours ago
August Update (Version 0.2.40) - By Ashaman73
Here's the august update. This month I worked on improving the accessibility of the user interface. A lot of the more complex features have been moved on the main screen, especially the mining map...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 22 hours ago
PAX Day 1 - By slayemin
Alright, in hindsight, it probably wasn't such a good idea to let a 6 year old girl play an incredibly immersive virtual reality zombie game. The moment she saw her first zombie, she screamed, took...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 1 hour ago
2D Port - By Orymus3
So, I was really looking forward to export to WebGL, but it appears they call it a Beta for a reason!Turns out Unity's WebGL exporter is not where it needs to be just yet, so I'll give this one a p...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 8 hours ago
Week Of Awesome III - My Results - By slicer4ever
Thank you everyone for bearing with the wait, you can find my results here, for individual ranking see the spreadsheet here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1mezCu1oGOe6K4RvvpuXy6QHLo7ZvpDv3...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 8 hours ago
Week of Awesome III - Servant's reviews of all games - By Servant of the Lord
====================================================================================== Congratulations on reaching the end of the Week of Awesome! My feedback is in the form of critical reviews of...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 21 hours ago
Urho3D and Pyrotechnics - By JTippetts
Urho3D's architecture is based on a component system. You may have heard the term. Essentially, Urho3D provides a hierarchy of Nodes, where each Node comprises a set of transforms (position, rotati...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 8 hours ago
Flame Shotgun - By JTippetts
In honor of Washu, I present to you the flame shotgun. http://i.imgur.com/E2iet5w.jpg And a shitty, low-res video of it in action:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UB3PGKkhe8&feature=youtu.be
Developer Journal - 5 days, 3 hours ago
PAX Invitation and our preparations - By slayemin
Are you going to PAX? Or are you going to be in the Seattle area during PAX? Then I invite you to come check out our office and our VR game! We're on 3rd and Union, we'll have signs posted and a gu...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 14 hours ago
Hi - By JTippetts
http://i.imgur.com/z1i13WE.jpg Creepers gonna creep. http://i.imgur.com/qybfbwV.jpg The swordsmen, I can probably take, but the three shaman are probably going to mess me up. If they don't murder e...
Developer Journal - 6 days, 16 hours ago
WebGL Port - By Orymus3
The thought of preserving my participation to this year's Week of Awesome (III) led me to investigate the new Unity 5 exporter to WebGL. My goal here is to try to port the game to WebGL and upload...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 7 hours ago
Extending Java classes from JavaScript - By TheChubu
Hi! So this entry will be dealing with the Nashorn JavaScript engine found in Java 8+, specifically, how to extend a Java class from JavaScript and use the resulting JavaScript object in the Java s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Forcing Consistent Console Properties in Windows - By fastcall22
This doesn't really belong as a gamedev.net article, so I'm posting this here.Introduction:If you spend most of your working day inside terminals like I do, then you might agree to having a consist...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Fluid Dynamics: Advection - By CulDeVu
Heyy all!.First off, congrats to all the WoA participants. I didn't have the time to do it this year, but I'll try again for it the next go around ;).So, in my last little let-my-figure-everything-...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
WoA III - Another Distraction for Participants - By Eck
Even though I haven't entered a game into the Week of Awesome III, I still followed along, played all the submitted games, and wrote up some reviews. I've met a lot of cool people and great develop...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
WoA 3 - Eck Judging Results are in... - By Eck
It's official. I'm officially done unofficially judging every entry for the Week of Awesome III. There were a lot of really solid entries this year and I'm pretty sure I would not have won, but tha...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Tank Tactics -- getting distracted by bells and whistles - By ferrous
Okay, so I have to admit, I dig the WarThunder Ground forces kill cam. And I'm attempting a rough duplication of it here. I'm learning a lot about shaders, rendering things always on top, and abo...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Living the Dream - By Eck
I was going to post this the week before, but I also had posted my free Unity AutoSave asset for the Week of Awesome competitors which got featured at the top of the journals. When I posted this,...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 5 days ago
Post-Mortem on "Death is Useful" - By Orymus3
About the game"Death is Useful by Orymus" is a game developed exclusively for "the Week of Awesome III" gamejam event (#gdnjam).The player is prompted to play as a nameless protagonist (sphere) and...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Week of Awesome III - Post Mortem - By Mussi
The week of awesome is over, although it was more like day of awesome for me due to an extremely busy period of my life. If you haven't checked my game out yet, you can download it here , will prob...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 7 hours ago
Day 7 - FInal journal entry - By Lactose!
Right, so there wasn't a Day 6 part 2 -- when I was finished for the day I was just too tired to spend time writing a new journal entry.After some nice and very needed sleep, the final day was upon...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 15 hours ago
Week of Awesome III - Input and States - By Mussi
So I've gotten around to implementing input and a sort of state machine, For input I've implemented the Levenshtein distance algorithm to allow for typos or misspellings or even conjugations. It'l...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 1 day ago
Day 6 - Part 1 - By Lactose!
There might be a part 2 to this later on, not sure how late I'll stay up working on it (it's already 2:30 AM).So today was fairly good. Managed to clean up a lot of code and issues I had, while all...
Week of Awesome III - Initial ground work - By Mussi
So, I've set up some initial ground work for my text based game. As I mentioned previously, I'm using the ImGui library. At the time of this posting there's no support for multi-line colored text,...
Eck's Unofficial Judging Officially Explained - By Eck
Damn cat woke me up at 5 am horking on the laminate floors I spent this week installing. I didn't want his digestive juices to ruin a board in the middle of my living room so I got up extra early....

PARTNERS