• Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!

We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.

Artificial Intelligence

5 bucks gets your project advert at the top of our site

Posted by Michael Tanczos , 01 Nov 2014
  Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 1 day, 16 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 199 - By et1337
“Level design for days” has been my motto for several months now, and this week is no different.Behold, new challenge levels! These are timed, bite-sized maps with simple goals that can be complete...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 15 hours ago
Stress and production - By slayemin
I'm feeling the stress of financial pressure right now. My face is a bit scrunched in deep concern right now. Where is this coming from?I'm looking at my total savings and have calculated a monthly...
Non-Euclidean physics (for real this time) - By CulDeVu
I know, I know. I've got the whole boy-who-cried-wolf thing going on here, but it actually works this time!It's crazy computationally expensive, the whole thing.The rendering is awful. Since there'...
Artwork, I guess. =) - By Servant of the Lord
I haven't posted in awhile (as usual), most of my updates just occur on twitter , where I usually post an average of 6 or so tweets a week (usually two or three tweets on a single day, then silence...
< Developer Journal - 6 days, 23 hours ago
An Application for Creating Novel Escher-like Tessellations of the Plane - By jwezorek
Over the past several weeks I have been investigating desktop applications for creating novel Escher-like tilings of the plane. Basically I’ve determined that none of what is publicly available is...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 13 hours ago
Another way to fix your timestep - By Norman Barrows
Another way to fix your timestep: the famous article "fix your timestep":http://gafferongames.com/game-physics/fix-your-timestep/ attempts to address the problem of your simulation not running at...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
Non-Euclidean prototype update - By CulDeVu
So, I don't know if you remember my last post, the one about building the physics for my new non-euclidean game prototype. If you don't I'll refresh you on generally what happened.Specifically, I s...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 1 day ago
grepr - 7DFPS 2014 - By et1337
I survived 7DFPS , barely. Here are some fascinating statistics:Days to create an FPS: 7Hours spent: 93Levels built: 5Lines of code written: 2313Hours to spare before deadline: 2Functioning brain c...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 2 days ago
"Here's some code. It doesn't work. What's wrong?" - By Buckeye
Beginner programmers may be unaware that, with the proper approach, debugging problems on their own can save time, and result in valuable self-education. An approach to debugging I call "Follow The...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Physics Works! - By CulDeVu
I've spent the last week or so building a physics engine for the (as of yet unnamed) game I'm making based around distorting space.And guess what? It works! http://public.gamedev5.net//public/style...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Stupid bit rot - By ApochPiQ
After a couple of days of preoccupation with other things, I sat down tonight to start hacking on Epoch. I was unprepared for the bizarre puzzle that unfolded immediately after.I had been mucking a...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 3 days ago
Screenshot of my game engines sloppy particle system - By slayemin
I know it's a complete waste of time since Unreal Engine 4 will do all of this for me, but I really wanted to implement my own particle engine. It only took me two days to implement since my render...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 4 days ago
ECS I: Entities, Components and Systems (basic design) - By Juliean
Last entry:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260428-gui-iii-widget-configuration/ Motivation: It took me a while to get back on writing since I've been busy. But now, as promised, I'm going t...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 1 day ago
Screenshot Saturday 196 - By et1337
This past weekend I exhibited Lemma at the Ohio Game Dev Expo . It was an awesome time. Extra Life raised over $9,000 for charity (yes, it is in fact over 9000).The Oculus Rift was a huge hit!http...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 2 days ago
More hacking on native executables - By ApochPiQ
I've started the long and tedious process of slowly but surely hooking up every single Epoch language feature to the new LLVM bindings, so that the compiler can emit 100% native binaries instead of...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 3 days ago
Mass Murders, Christianity, LGBTQ, and GamerGate - By et1337
With a headline like that, what could possibly go wrong? In this article I present an idea that may help both sides of GamerGate survive the ordeal. Simply this: negative movements are counter-pr...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 4 days ago
Unity Tile Map Editor - By CRYP7IK
Recently I started a game with a friend which required a tile map, the following is a series of the editor progress.So first I got a basic layout of the UI: Then a pluggable menu bar (Inherit from...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Native Binary Project: Day Whatever - By ApochPiQ
I continue to hack on the Epoch compiler, slowly shaping it into a powerhouse of executable binary generation. So far I've gotten the program string table and DLL import table built in a flexible a...
Developer Journal - 3 weeks, 6 days ago
Space distortion update - By CulDeVu
(Again, sorry for imgur image links. I really need to figure out how to embed image files)So far, I've been making pretty good progress. After a day and a half of mulling the problem over, I manage...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 8 hours ago
Gui III: Widget configuration - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260413-gui-ii-widget-class-design/ Now that I've talked about how Widgets can be used, its time to discuss how they can be configured.Positioning...
Developer Journal - 4 weeks, 1 day ago
Bringing this blog back to life - By CulDeVu
(Just as a pre-appology, sorry about the image links. Are you even able to attach images in Journals?)So I've decided to bring this blog back to life. When I originally started messing around wit...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 15 hours ago
Rewrite ALL the things! - By ApochPiQ
OK so I'm not really rewriting everything ... just... a lot of it.The current runtime infrastructure for Epoch is precarious at best, and desperately needs some improvements. There are a number of...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 1 day ago
Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization. - By slayemin
Something I learned today: Over-architecting is a form of premature optimization."Uh, what exactly do you mean by that?"If you've got a fixed use case to build something, you don't need to make a g...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 3 days ago
Gui II: Widget class design - By Juliean
Last entry: http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1930/entry-2260396-gui-i-learning-about-signalsslots/ So this time around, I'm going to talk about the engines GUIs main class, called "Widget". I took an ap...
Developer Journal - 1 month, 5 days ago
Entity pooling and EntityObservers - By TheChubu
In this update: Entity pooling and refactoring EntityObservers.dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System , which is a BSD-licenced small Java framework for setting up Entities...

PARTNERS