• Create Account

Artificial Intelligence

Topic Started By Stats Last Post Info

• You cannot start a new topic

Latest Updates
Developer Journal - 52 minutes, 12 seconds ago
Chapter 1 - Theme... theme... theme... - By Orymus3
Chapter 1 - Theme... theme... theme... The toys are alive! So early in the competition, it's all about inception: securing the RIGHT idea from a sea of incomplete thoughts.The possibilities ar...
Developer Journal - 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
Apparently murdering babies is off the table - WoA2 contest - By Servant of the Lord
So the week of awesome contest has just began, with the theme being "The toys are alive!".My artist friend and myself came up with an idea last night, so I'm about ready to get started coding it....
Developer Journal - 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
The Week of Awesome II - So it Begins - By Eck
I stayed up late last night to get the theme in my brain. This morning, my wife and I brainstormed some ideas on our game table. She's getting started on the artwork, while I'm setting up the proje...
Developer Journal - 1 day, 16 hours ago
Updates! Puppies! - By TheChubu
It's been a while since I updated this journal, not because I didn't had anything to write about though. So, recap on updates it is. dustArtemis dustArtemis is a fork of Artemis Entity System...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 13 hours ago
Screenshot Saturday 190 - By et1337
Well friends, I am still mired in contract work. I also have only a few slides done for my shader presentation next week. This whole month is crazy. But I thought I'd hijack this dev blog to show y...
Developer Journal - 2 days, 20 hours ago
Introduction - By Juliean
Hello,my name is Juli(e)an, and this is the introduction to my journal about how insane I am to develope my own game engine. Some of you might have seen me before on the forums, mainly (solely) on...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 21 minutes ago
An example of making a change to Caveman... - By Norman Barrows
An example of making a change to Caveman...This is a quick description of what its like to make a change to the game.I just finished the new bandmember AI. Now it was time to make bandmember AI use...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 1 hour ago
"Judges Score", a very short entry... - By Orymus3
"Judges Score", a very short entry... Although most (if not all) of my entries will be entered from the standpoint of a participant, this one is written from the perspective of a judge. A f...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 10 hours ago
Argh, bitrot. - By ApochPiQ
Turns out that leaving a project alone for six months is a great way to discover that it's full of mysterious bugs you don't remember having.I noticed some weird behavior with Era, the Epoch IDE, e...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 15 hours ago
More raypick code! - By Norman Barrows
More raypick code!I just posted some code in my Caveman journal that includes another example of raypick code:http://www.gamedev.net/blog/1730/entry-2260114-new-orders-menu-code/ This is actual rea...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 16 hours ago
New orders menu code - By Norman Barrows
New orders menu codeHere's the new orders menu code to go with the new bandmember AInothing fancy, it shows a menu, "Issue orders to..."then a second menu "Orders..."it then sets the orders state o...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 17 hours ago
New band member AI code - By Norman Barrows
New band member AI codeHere's the new code for bandmember AI.In AI terms, this code is a crude expert system:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expert_system it is implemented primarily as a decision tre...
Developer Journal - 3 days, 20 hours ago
New bandmember AI done - By Norman Barrows
New bandmember AI doneThe new AI for bandmembers is done. The new orders menu is done as well. The new AI can deal with being in a shelter, taking fire, being cornered, etc, as well as follow order...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 16 hours ago
A Quick Introduction to Sampler-Based Profiling - By ApochPiQ
Sampler-Based Profiling: The Quick Version So you're happily working on some code, and suddenly it happens: everything is just too damn slow ! Something is eating up all your performance, but it's...
Developer Journal - 4 days, 19 hours ago
Prologue - By Orymus3
Given that I'll be both partaking in the event , and a judge for the competition, it is only fitting that I start blogging about this! The Week of Awesome II? While the linked thread does a good j...
Developer Journal - 5 days, 17 hours ago
The Week of Awesome II - Deployment Prep - By Eck
Well, today I have spent about 3-4 hours so far working on my deployment process. I started out going down the path of the built in click-once installer for XNA since it would make sure all the pre...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 55 minutes ago
Signing up for: The Week of Awesome II - By Eck
Today, I signed up to enter The Week of Awesome II which is a week long game development jam here at www.gamedev.net starting September 22nd. Part of the judging criteria is a 10 point "Participa...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Issuing orders to party members and refactoring AI... - By Norman Barrows
Issuing orders to party members and refactoring AI... NOTES:1. in this article, any distances mentioned are in feet.2. abbreviations used in the pseudocode: "ret" = return "dir" = directi...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 3 days ago
Raypick test - By Norman Barrows
Someone asked to see my raypick test code.Here it is: D3DXVECTOR3 intersect_point; void calc_intersection(int x,int y){char s[100];D3DXVECTOR3 v,dir,origin, p1,p2, // line...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 4 days ago
Zombie MO - By polyfrag
'nuf said.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109630018/temp/pathogenb/aaa000/soffr.png https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109630018/temp/pathogenb/aaa000/sofout.png https://dl.dropboxusercontent....
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Experimental virtual-machine-based branch of ANL - By JTippetts
I've pushed some commits to the vm branch of the ANL; you can find the new branch here .Note that the new branch is still very much in development. I haven't written any bindings for Lua, so the fr...
Developer Journal - 1 week, 6 days ago
Brain dump: considerations for organizing code - By ApochPiQ
No structure or real nice formatting will be found in this post. This is a stream-of-consciousness blathering process wherein I contemplate how to organize code in a way that escapes the limitation...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 15 hours ago
The Right Taxonomy of Code - By ApochPiQ
I've written before about how much I want to get away from the "code goes in files" model of programming. The more code I write, and the larger the project, the less it makes sense to organize ever...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Screenshot Saturday 188 - By et1337
Unfortunately I’ve had to take September off to work for some clients, so Lemma is temporarily on the back-burner. HOWEVER. Wednesday night a certain something arrived in the mail. http://i.imgur...
Developer Journal - 2 weeks, 2 days ago
Month 3 Review - By slayemin
It's been a busy month. I've bolded the topic heads so you can skip around.Intel Buzz Workshop The Intel sponsored seminar at Digipen was kind of a waste of time. The fact that it's sponsored by I...

PARTNERS