1. now that I've had a job I'm not sure what all I should put on my resume. Do I include my education, courses, volunteer time, or team work experience?
2. Also, how does LinkedIn work in the game industry?
3. Does it play a big part?
4. I doubt I should just use my LinkedIn as my resume (even though it includes all the same information).
1. That depends. (i) How long were you working at your job? (ii) How many pages is your resume now?
i. The longer you were at that job, the less your college courses matter.
ii. Your resume should not exceed 2 pages; it should at least fill 1 page.
2. People use it to connect to other people (former coworkers, past and potential clients, partners, employers, employees).
3. That depends on the individual. Some people use it more and get more of an effect from it. If you don't use it much, you don't get much of an effect from it.
4. You lost me there. I don't know what you're thinking, what you mean. Of course you should have your resume on LinkedIn, and it should be up to date, and you should refer to it. But you should also have your own portfolio site. It's pretty much required these days.