1. Yes, it is probably a business question.
1. Apologies if this is covered elsewhere (I tried looking) and or if this should be in the beginners area.
2. Myself and three friends are interested in pooling our money together in order to develop a video game.
3. My question to you (yes you, I see you) is, is this even a path someone should go down? I just wanted to get some opinions from this crowd on what they thought of "investors" getting their idea made by a third party. I appreciate any input, thanks.
2. That is one of the options for developing a game, yes. You can develop it yourself or pay someone else to develop it for you.
3. Many companies contract the work out to smaller studios. It is not uncommon. That is not the role of investor. That is the role of hiring a contractor. Generally you get the quality of workmanship that you pay for.
(Also, moving this to the Business forum since it is mostly directed at hiring and investing)
: Add note about moving