- Use eclipse as your java IDE
- Use WiEngine which has a copious 20,000 lines of example code
- Prototype in Java but ultimately use C++ or LUA for cross platform development
- If you chose WiEngine your game can be available on Mac OSX, iOS, Windows, and Android and C++ or LUA script will work on all.
- If your game has intricate 2D animations you may want to try Animate2D, which I just published today on google play.
I use google translate to read the website and blog. Answers are in code which is written in english.