Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


#ActualHodgman

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:01 AM

In the context of a zombie game, you could penalize overcrowding by making crowded areas more dangerous, e.g.
* spawning more zombies in areas that have more players in them to mitigate the protection benefits of large groups.
* reducing item spawns in crowded areas so that large groups are more likely to starve to death by using up all available resources quickly.
* increasing the likelyhood that hordes of zombies will be attracted to such areas, causing players to become surrounded/trapped there (and teaching them not to put themselves in such a situation next time).
* allowing diseases to spread via human-to-human contact, making it more likely to become sick if you're in a large group of people.
* allow players to exploit each other -- e.g. 90% of the people in an area form a "guild", and kill/loot the other 10%. Repeat the procedure (kicking the weakest 10% out of the guild and looting them) until the group is sufficiently small.

#1Hodgman

Posted 24 November 2012 - 03:58 AM

In the context of a zombie game, you could penalize overcrowding by making crowded areas more dangerous, e.g.
* spawning more zombies in areas that have more players in them.
* increasing the likelyhood that hordes of zombies will be attracted to such areas, causing players to become trapped there (and teaching them not to put themselves in such a situation next time).
* allowing diseases to spread via human-to-human contact, making it more likely to become sick if you're in a large group of people.
* allow players to exploit each other -- e.g. 90% of the people in an area form a "guild", and kill/loot the other 10%. Repeat the procedure (kicking the weakest 10% out of the guild and looting them) until the group is sufficiently small.

PARTNERS