Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


#ActualAlkan

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:49 PM

Hello

At work i had to make a small application in C++ on Windows (using Visual Studio 2008). This application uses Oracle OCI library to communicate with Oracle server. I'm using the 10.2 version of the client library. When i run the application from my development environment (from VC) or on my Desktop, it works just fine. However, as soon as we install the application using an installshield it can't connect to the server. After searching the error message, it appears it is not able to find the service name. But the client is configured correctly and the tnsname.ora file is fine. The application is compiled in 32 bits mode because it uses a 3rd party library which is only available for 32 bits. It probably has nothing to do anyway. It seems to be doing that only on Windows 7 and not on Xp. Haven't tried Vista or others.

P.S.

I know that may not be the best place to ask such a question but i think there may be people who would know.

#1Alkan

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:27 PM

Hello

At work i had to make a small application in C++ on Windows (using Visual Studio 2008). This application uses Oracle OCI library to communicate with Oracle server. I'm using the 10.2 version of the client library. When i run the application from my development environment (from VC) or on my Desktop, it works just fine. However, as soon as we install the application using an installshield it can't connect to the server. After searching the error message, it appears it is not able to find the service name. But the client is configured correctly and the tnsname.ora file is fine. The application is compiled in 32 bits mode because it uses a 3rd party library which is only available for 32 bits. It probably has nothing to do anyway. It seems to be doing that only on Windows 7 and not on Xp. Haven't tried Vista or others.

PARTNERS