Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


#Actualandrew1b

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Hi Andreas, just a small update,
I've been doing some superficial debugging and it appears that, for some reason, the word TARGET_OS_IPHONE is being defined, even though I'm on OS X/Cocoa. I'll look into this and I'll keep you posted (I'll edit this post if I can, to avoid flooding).

EDIT: I did some workaround to force undef the TARGET_OS_IPHONE word but I'm still having crashes, sometimes with, sometimes without AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. I'll run it on Windows when I get to my PC to see if this is a Mac-only thing (though 2.22.x was working fine).

EDIT2: After the latest workarounds I made, I could reproduce the exact same crash mentioned originally but this time without using AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. One thing I think it's worth mentioning, is that I'm still using only generic calling convention. If I'd switch all standard add-ons to register using native calling, it would crash inside native calling functions.

It appears the library has become unstable, something wrong around as_config, perhaps? I can't tell yet if this is happening only on OS X. I'll keep digging.

#3andrew1b

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Hi Andreas, just a small update,
I've been doing some superficial debugging and it appears that, for some reason, the word TARGET_OS_IPHONE is being defined, even though I'm on OS X/Cocoa. I'll look into this and I'll keep you posted (I'll edit this post if I can, to avoid flooding).

EDIT: I did some workaround to force undef the TARGET_OS_IPHONE word but I'm still having crashes, sometimes with, sometimes without AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. I'll run it on Windows when I get to my PC to see if this is a Mac-only thing (though 2.22.x was working fine).

EDIT2: After the latest workarounds I made, I could reproduce the exact same crash mentioned originally but this time without using AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. One thing I think it's worth mentioning, is that I'm still using only generic calling convention. If I'd switch all standard add-ons to register using native calling, it would crash inside native calling functions.

For now I'd conclude that the entire library has become unstable, something wrong around as_config, perhaps? I can't tell yet if this is happening only on OS X. I'll keep digging.

#2andrew1b

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Hi Andreas, just a small update,
I've been doing some superficial debugging and it appears that, for some reason, the word TARGET_OS_IPHONE is being defined, even though I'm on OS X/Cocoa. I'll look into this and I'll keep you posted (I'll edit this post if I can, to avoid flooding).

EDIT: I did some workaround to force undef the TARGET_OS_IPHONE word but I'm still having crashes, sometimes with, sometimes without AS_MAX_PORTABILITY. I'll run it on Windows when I get to my PC to see if this is a Mac-only thing (though 2.22.x was working fine).

#1andrew1b

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Hi Andreas, just a small update,
I've been doing some superficial debugging and it appears that, for some reason, the word TARGET_OS_IPHONE is being defined, even though I'm on OS X/Cocoa. I'll look into this and I'll keep you posted (I'll edit this post if I can, to avoid flooding).

PARTNERS