Well let's see.....
- Classic Black Theme
- Points breakdown in the name header
- Ability to show different category of points
- People using the upvote/downvote system more
- A system set up for getting points for finishing a game
- GD Showcase for 5.
- GD Mobile App
A tutorial for C++ game programming that doesn't use VC++ 6.0. I mean, come on, have you guys made a book on C++ in the last 5 years? I have a ton of books on C++ from you, but all are old. So would it hurt to have something new?
8. Have upvoting and downvoting in the CSI forum
No adds for GDNet+ (I'd get one if there were absolutely no adds)
9. I wonder if no ads means we'd have to pay a little more to offset that. Free = All ads, all day. GD.NET+ = some ads, but not intrusive, current price. GD.NET Σ = No ads, whatsoever, but 10-15% more.
You're going to need to give us more than that. I have no clue how you would like to see this set up. Define "finishing a game" - is it releasing onto some sort of marketplace? Meeting pre-defined goals outlined in a previous journal entry? Putting something online people can download and play in some capacity on their machines?
I've been thinking about this (5. on my previous list) as well. What I've come up with so far is having in a user's journal or in Your Announcements (or a dedicated page/section), a user provide the following:
- Name of game
- Name of developer or group
- Link to media (demo, gameplay, trailer video)
- Link to webpage and/or finished product
- Tags (2D, 3D, Platformer, Clone, PacMan, Mario, Shooter, etc)
If the Status is Finish or Complete, then the user gets X points. Either this will be verified or will be on the honor system. If the person is found to be lying or fraudulent, appropriate actions will occur.
If this system works, then the GD Showcase would just be a page listing all of the Journals or Your Announcements that are tagged games, resource, or Y. And the users will be able to filter through the games/resources based on the tags.
So how crazy does this sound?
10. (And I requested this before) It would be nice if the news threads also showed in the New Content page. They would certainly get more traffic and more people to respond. As of now, people just copy the link and create a new thread. Which seems quite pointless.