Trying to set up a class which renders text to a texture (specifically in 2D). I have text rendering atm but obviously if the string never changes I could save on performance a lot by rendering the static text into a single texture.
I got it working to some degree, though I have another post about that issue which I think is unrelated to this post...
I'm posting this to ask if these are the normal steps you would take to acheive this:
- Disable depth & stencil testing (2D)
- Enable alpha blending
- Set up projection to accomodate text block dimensions
- Set up render target texture2D to accomodate text block dimensions
- Set up viewport to accomodate text block dimensions
- EDIT: Clear render target (forgot to mention that, ty L.Spiro for reminding me)
- Render text into texture
- Set back to default projection, view port and render target
One thing I forgot when following these steps was that textures dimensions are supposed to a power of 2. Though it appeared to render undistorted (text block dimensions were not a power of 2 or even close).