I love the feedback! Thank you very much, it helps a lot. It's hard for us to judge some aspects of the game after developing it for quite a while.
I'll throw in a little reaction of mine to your findings. The point is not to argue in any way, it's to explain some of the thought process/decision making behind the things you mention as you (or someone else) might find it interesting!
- We were actually discussing the movement speed for the demo too. In the actual game, we wanted to make "a room for progression", that is the reason your character starts slow - so he can feel the difference as he levels up (and increases his appropriate stat points), gets new gear, drinks speed potions etc. The truth is - as long as there are no such things in the demo, we might just think about increasing its default value..
- Characters behind the trees - completely agree here. While it's not a problem with "melee" enemies, it becomes a pain in the butt when you're dealing with ranged ones. We'll definitely have to solve this issue somehow.
- Yeah, the dialogue is a little cheesy The reason for the "..." was that trying to avoid longer texts (especially scary "walls of text"). I feel that - especially in the beginning of a game - people nowadays are reluctant to invest any time into reading longer stuff when they see it. Perhaps we went too far.. ?
Anyway, we were thinking about redesigning the cutscene "interface" in the future - I wish to add captions (so it's easy to say who says what) and also character portraits. It should make the characters stand out much more.
- The button is actually not a "skip" button, but a fast forward button. We have to fix this so people are sure how it works.
- Report bug button is clearly a bug in itself Haha! What an awesome fail.
Anyway, thanks again for taking the time to test it and for your awesome "criticism", we really appreciate your input.