I know the question may seem broad but I am open to advice or heads up from people who have experience being in QA as well as how to land a job in QA.
I thought I introduce myself here given that I use this forum a lot but not in this particular section of the forum. I mostly hangout in the game programming section: learning efficient or common ways of game programming or asking advice about my code.
- I am in my final year of Computer Science. (classes are definitely tough at this stage but I should be able to make it out alive)
- I have 2 months of game programming experience with Java (self-taught with some quick research after having a background in general programming)
- I have 2 years of programming experience with Java.(self taught before majoring in CS but had formal training during CS)
- I love haunting down bugs. I am pretty alert when software does not work the way they are suppose to.
- I have a game prototype which is an arcade shooter clone. I have been working on these features alone for the last 2 months(featuring how to add new monsters to the game, implement their movement,projectile collision detection and create an efficient health system for the ship). My friend built the initial framework that sets up the game pretty nicely.
- I am a big fan of readable, usable and efficient code.
I like to hear what everyone has to say!