- Use standing rectangles for portraits (its called portrait for a reason) and put those stats in some circles underneath the portrait. A small name tag including specialization should be sufficient.
- There seems to be a meter on the left, consider putting it on the right hand side to make it pop out more. Took some time for me to notice it.
- If you want to make it card-like, consider using stacks.
- If you want to differentiate the top cards from the bottom ones, you could also make them slightly larger then the bottom ones, indicating their importance.
- The unused court members could still be able to give advice. Even if they are inactive they would still generate corruption (like our politicians do).
- I like the categories with tasks (war, intelligence, etc.)
- You could put the category/title on top, folded into the card and make it slightly smaller then the version you have now. Then you would have room underneath it for pop-out speech bubbles and other info, which I guess you would have somehow.
EDIT: remember that in the default view when the game starts, none of the task-slots will be filled with a person. So in the default mode, all the characters will be available in the lower part.