Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account


#ActualAllEightUp

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:45 PM

This is unfortunately a pain in the butt, I went through the problems myself recently.  The simple answer is to look at the updated environment which is part of my next article, you can find the source at: https://code.google.com/p/a8u-tutorial-sources/.  (Under the Game directory, not the "environment" one, that's out of date.)  The SFML and XO applications link against SFML 2 statically on all three platforms.  In your above cmake code you are likely linking against shared objects on Linux which can cause other problems.  I'll take a further look into your code listfile when I move downstairs and get on my laptop and see if I can't point out specific issues.

 

Oh, an important item of note.  SFML links against glew already, so if you link statically as I do, don't bother trying to link glew, it's already there.


#2AllEightUp

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:44 PM

This is unfortunately a pain in the butt, I went through the problems myself recently.  The simple answer is to look at the updated environment which is part of my next article, you can find the source at: https://code.google.com/p/a8u-tutorial-sources/.  (Under the Game directory, not the "environment" one, that's out of date.)  The SFML and XO applications link against SFML 2 statically on all three platforms.  In your above cmake code you are likely linking against shared objects on Linux which can cause other problems.  I'll take a further look into your code listfile when I move downstairs and get on my laptop and see if I can't point out specific issues.


#1AllEightUp

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:43 PM

This is unfortunately a pain in the butt, I went through the problems myself recently.  The simple answer is to look at the updated environment which is part of my next article, you can find the source at: https://code.google.com/p/a8u-tutorial-sources/.  (Under the Game directory, not the "environment" one, that's out of date.)  The environment links against SFML 2 statically on all three platforms.  In your above cmake code you are likely linking against shared objects on Linux which can cause other problems.  I'll take a further look into your code listfile when I move downstairs and get on my laptop and see if I can't point out specific issues.


PARTNERS