1, yes, the constructor is w, x, y, z
2, my delta is currently always at 0 and i getthe wrong results
3, i built the hierarchy in a manner that the parrent of each child always comes first to avoid recursion
4, yes i multiply the matrices in the correct order (left handed column major, conversion from assimps right handed matrices is accounted for)
5, in order to simplify this, there are no shaders. Just glEnableClientSide to draw the data
I went ahead and made a raw milkshape3d animator with my math library that uses roughly the same interpolation steps and things render correctly.
I'm trying to load the same milkshape file using assimp, and during the import step the keyframe tracks have wildly different values. This is where i assume the problem is, i just can't find it. Don't focus on the milkshape part, i only did that because i could code it up quickly for a test, the only difference between the two sets of data i've loaded seems to be those damn tracks. Not sure what to do to get the assimp version to behave.
Might have something to do with the offset matrix i'm not accounting for....