I know I know it's a pretty long title!
Well I guess I should say Hi first since I'm a newbie in Gamedev.net and this is my first post...
Oh well, I guess I'll go right to the point then!
I'm a programmer. I've explored many aspects of programming so I know basic computer science stuff (I'm actually language-independent now!), and now I want to make a game! Luckily, I have a designer who's made me a 3D spaceship in 3Ds Max, and right now all I really want to do is:
1. Create an phone game app (Preferably compilable for both Android & iOS)
2. Import the spaceship model (I have it in .obj format right now but max can convert to some other formats as well.)
3. Make it move up and down!
I have many options in front of me: Cocos3d, Unity3d, jMonkeyEngine, and similar libraries / frameworks. But I don't really know where to start. I've tried some but haven't quite found the ideal choice yet. Things that affect my choice of framework are:
1. I hate Unity since it's GUI dependent, and I'm a low-level programmer (I see the world in text-based!). I don't use IDEs for app development, just a text editor and a Console + simply reading the doc and calling the APIs from code. I just want a framework / lib, not an entire SDK.
2. I'm still a beginner in game dev, so simple-to-follow and complete documentation and an easy-to-start-with library.
3. Easy 3D Support
Now with these said, what do the masters suggest me to use?