The system isn't completely drag and drop. The only drag and drop feature is the mapping system. You must understand how to use the program's features for creating events. Eventing isn't drag and drop. It is a complex feature that a player uses to create cut scenes, unlock new areas, continue the game's story, etc. Eventing can take hours.
Actually events are "drag and drop" with the hardest aspect being :trying to figure out how many enemies are going to pop out, which map to transition to, or which switches to activate.
Last time I used RPG maker, it was EXTREMELY restrictive on what you could do.
* You want a "kill count" for a specific monster ? - too bad, even hacking the game engine produces buggy results!
* You want custom scripts ? - have fun trying to integrate them !
* Want real time combat ? - hahahahahahaha
* You want a custom opining title ? - have fun hacking the game engine!
* Want a lot of different monsters, events, or switches ? - too bad, there is a hard coded limit, and it's small [*1] !
* Want to use lot of different tile sets ? - oh well, too bad your restricted to a tiny handful of tiles for your entire game !
*1 - I ran out of switches after 3 small maps !