7 days is a fair bit of time to come up with something though, which is both good and bad(finding a full week to dedicate to the project woudn't be easy, but i think if i look at it like a casual week of coding to make something, that'd be interesting.)
I'd have to agree with cowsarenotevil, this should be relaxed a bit, I know with prizes it should be a bit limited, but perhaps 2/3 people max on a certain aspect, rather then one. or perhaps a team size limit, rather than a subject limit, which would mean better utilizing people for certain roles. alternatively, you could have tiered prizes for different sized teams, for example 1/2 people teams would pull from a different pool than 5 people teams.
Hey ya'll. We haven't had a competition in awhile. Therefore, I would like to create a competition. Here's what I'm thinking:
- Mini-teams are allowed (multiple people may form a team, but two people cannot work on the same thing (that is, 1 programmer, 1 artist, 1 sound/music creator, etc.; you cannot have 2 people programming, or 2 artists, etc.; of course, you can work solo or have one person do multiple jobs, but you cannot have two people doing the same job))
anytime is pretty much good for me, other than perhaps a couple days in late august(planning on moving at that point).
- Let me know what time frames would be best for you. I don't think we can necessarily pick a week that will work for everyone, but we can pick a week that works for most people. It can be any time this year (heck, we can do it in December if that works best for everyone). I'm personally hoping we can do it in the next 1-2 months, but like I said, we can go as late as December.
- I'll need a few judges, but we can worry about that later
I could potentially help out here with prizes, pm me when we get closer, and i'll see what i can do to help out=-).
- There will be some small prizes. I'll try to put something together, though (of course, if anyone wants to help contribute to the prizes, that would be sweet).
- Exact judging rules will be announced later, but at least 3 judges will judge each game
- I'm currently on the fence on whether judges should be allowed to participate or not... if they do, they won't judge their own game, for sure. Let me know what you think about this.
as for the judges participating, you could have a fourth special judge which is used when judging a judges game. alternativly, you could do a voting system, where people play the games, and vote for what ones they like, with the judges votes giving more weight to a particular entry.