So not much progress since my last update, I've been otherwise busy and progress has been slow, but I've got a few new things done:
- Granny can now shoot in the direction of the mouse
- Dino has health, takes damage from shots and will eventually die (by abruptly being replaced a bloodsplat sprite, without any transition at the moment).
- Granny also has health, and her death is detected but currently nothing happens when she dies.
- Fixed a few physics bugs and granny can now only jump if she's grounded (no mid-air jumping) - This took way too long to do!
I have a bit of time this evening so hopefully I can pick off at least some of the next few things on my todo:
- Infinitely auto-generating flooring
- Auto-spawning dinos.
- Gameover gamestate
- Scoring & score-counter
Once those things are done then I actually have the bare minimum requirements for the game, so I'll have a contest entry to submit even if it's really basic. Everything else is just polish: more guns, more dinos, health-bars, highscore table, sprite animation, particle-systems, etc.