Jump to content

  • Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Interested in a FREE copy of HTML5 game maker Construct 2?

We'll be giving away three Personal Edition licences in next Tuesday's GDNet Direct email newsletter!

Sign up from the right-hand sidebar on our homepage and read Tuesday's newsletter for details!


We're also offering banner ads on our site from just $5! 1. Details HERE. 2. GDNet+ Subscriptions HERE. 3. Ad upload HERE.


#Actualjmakitalo

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:35 AM

I circumvented the issue by implementing a dds loader, which loads an array of images directly into a contiguous memory block with mipmaps properly chained. Then I just used glCompressedTexImage3D and it worked fine. This is not as elegant a solution IMHO and the original problem remains unsolved. I of course googled a bit, but all I could find concerning issues with glCompressedTexSubImage3D was this thread in Ogre forums, where it is suggested that one should prefer the non-sub version for compatibility.


#1jmakitalo

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:34 AM

I circumvented the issue by implementing a dds loader, which loads an array of images directly into a contiguous memory block with mipmaps properly chained. Then I just used glCompressedTexImage3D and it worked fine. This is not as elegant a solution IMHO and the original problem remains unsolved. I of course googled a bit, but all I could found concerning issues with glCompressedTexSubImage3D was this thread in Ogre forums, where it is suggested that one should prefer the non-sub version for compatibility.


PARTNERS