Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2606
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #30787
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #43453
4. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing...
By Lee Sheldon, Sales Rank #66255
5. Mathematics for 3D Game Programming a...
By Eric Lengyel, Sales Rank #77360
6. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #124218
7. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #139573
8. Beginning 3D Game Development with Un...
By Sue Blackman, Sales Rank #150794
9. Practical Rendering and Computation w...
By Jason Zink, Matt Pettineo, Jack Hoxley, Sales Rank #231156
10. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #249373
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Designing Virtual Worlds
Published July 2003
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 478,525
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Designing Virtual Worlds is the most comprehensive treatment of virtual worlddesign to-date from one of the true pioneers and most sought-after design consultants. It's a tour de force of VW design, stunning in intellectual scope, spanning the literary,economic, sociological, psychological, physical, technological, and ethicalunderpinnings of design, while providing the reader with a deep, well-grounded understanding of VW design principles. It covers everything from MUDs to MOOs to MMORPGs, from text-based to graphical VWs.
Designing Virtual Worlds brings a rich, well-developed approach to the designconcepts behind virtual worlds. It is grounded in the earliest approaches to such designs, but the examples discussed in the book run the gamut from the earliest MUDs to the present-day MMORPG games mentioned above. It teaches the reader the actual, underlying design principles that many designers do not understand when they borrow or build from previous games. There is no other design book on the market in the area of online games and virtual worlds that provides the rich detail, historical context, and conceptual depth ofDesigning Virtual Worlds.
Buy it now: