Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #54995
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure! (Covers Version 1.4): Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Game Design: Theory and Practice (2nd Edition) (Wordware Game Developer's Library)
Published August 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 765,402
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
This revised edition of Rouse's innovative book explores game design issues for all platforms and genres, including key topics such as game balancing, play testing, storytelling, design documentation, linearity versus non-linearity, fairness and consistency, focus, and AI. The book includes in-depth interviews about game design with Sid Meier (Civilisation), Ed Logg (Asteroids), and Will Wright (SimCity). Also included is a sample game design document and detailed analysis of several games. A game is broken down into its key components so readers can understand why it is successful from a design perspective.
Buy it now: