Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #17702
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #26552
3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #257112
4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #468712
5. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #800903
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Character Development in Blender 2.5
Published June 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 429,527
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Character Development in Blender 2.5 provides an introduction to both Blender and character modeling, explaining the various Blender tools and how to use them to create amazing, believable 3D characters. Providing both the how and why behind each new tool or skill presented, the book is written in a step-by-step format so you can easily follow along. Divided into five parts, the book covers box modeling, poly-by-poly modeling, sculpting, retopologizing, normal mapping and more. You'll begin by learning the raw basics of Blender, giving you an understanding of how the Blender interface works and how you can manipulate objects in 3D space, as well as how to customize your Blender experience. You'll then get an introduction to some of the modeling features of Blender and how you can manipulate meshes with Blenders various modeling tools, modifiers and sculpting functionality. In part three you'll move onto the real focus of the book, modeling the character, focusing on the workflow and various modeling techniques. Part four provides a brief introduction to lighting and rendering characters before the final section of the book walks you through the process needed to prepare the character for complete texturing and how to bake and apply normal maps to a low-resolution version of the character. Character Development in Blender 2.5 shows you everything you need to get started as a character modeler and Blender artist.
Buy it now: