Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2686
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #44776
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #64347
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #113690
5. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #147763
6. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #149403
7. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #163744
8. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #545027
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #563494
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #822507
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Breaking Into the Game Industry: Advice for a Successful Career from Those Who Have Done It
Published June 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 75,134
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Students and other beginners hoping to enter the industry have a lot of questions: What should be in their portfolios? How do they make contacts? How much do game designers make? What should they wear to interviews? In this fast-paced and humorous guide, the authors answer these questions and many more, including the ones readers didn't know to ask. 100 QUESTIONS, 97 ANSWERS, 300 PAGES: ADVICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE GAME INDUSTRY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT, will help readers discover the know-how and confidence needed to become a game developer. It will provide them with a clear, overall sense of what the game industry is and how the professionals operate in it. Readers will also learn how newcomers can best present themselves to experienced professionals in a way that will give them a leg up when trying to break into the industry.
Buy it now: