Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #1356
2. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing...
By Lee Sheldon, Sales Rank #12562
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #18094
4. Mathematics for 3D Game Programming a...
By Eric Lengyel, Sales Rank #24445
5. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #43400
6. Practical Rendering and Computation w...
By Jason Zink, Matt Pettineo, Jack Hoxley, Sales Rank #46652
7. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #47092
8. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #66428
9. Real-Time Shadows
By Elmar Eisemann, Michael Schwarz, Ulf Assarsson, Michael Wimmer, Sales Rank #108385
10. Beginning 3D Game Development with Un...
By Sue Blackman, Sales Rank #190051
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Breaking Into the Game Industry: Advice for a Successful Career from Those Who Have Done It
Published June 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 350,413
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Students and other beginners hoping to enter the industry have a lot of questions: What should be in their portfolios? How do they make contacts? How much do game designers make? What should they wear to interviews? In this fast-paced and humorous guide, the authors answer these questions and many more, including the ones readers didn't know to ask. 100 QUESTIONS, 97 ANSWERS, 300 PAGES: ADVICE FOR A SUCCESSFUL CAREER IN THE GAME INDUSTRY FROM THOSE WHO HAVE DONE IT, will help readers discover the know-how and confidence needed to become a game developer. It will provide them with a clear, overall sense of what the game industry is and how the professionals operate in it. Readers will also learn how newcomers can best present themselves to experienced professionals in a way that will give them a leg up when trying to break into the industry.
Buy it now: