Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #2193
2. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #36488
3. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing...
By Lee Sheldon, Sales Rank #36709
4. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #55480
5. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #63112
6. Mathematics for 3D Game Programming a...
By Eric Lengyel, Sales Rank #101537
7. Beginning 3D Game Development with Un...
By Sue Blackman, Sales Rank #104265
By Trevor Burnham, Sales Rank #113675
9. Game Development Essentials: An Intro...
By Jeannie Novak, Sales Rank #147955
10. Social Game Design: Monetization Meth...
By Tim Fields, Brandon Cotton, Sales Rank #164599
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Game Development with Unity
Published January 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 221,916
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY shows you how to use the Unity game engine, a multiplatform engine and editor in one, to build games that can be played on just about any platform available, from the web to the Wii and even on smartphones. Unity's simple interface, friendly development environment, and wide-ranging support of all popular gaming platforms make it perfect for new developers or those looking to create games with an easy, efficient, and inexpensive game engine. Throughout the book you'll learn all the important interface commands, how to set up and organize your project, and all the basics of getting a 3D game up and running, from character importation to scripting to audio. Basic game and level design theory are taught in tandem with specific skills so you can build your game development skill set. The book is divided into five parts, with each chapter within a part covering a single concept, and new concepts are taught using step-by-step tutorials and questions, as well as through a comprehensive game project built throughout the book. GAME DEVELOPMENT WITH UNITY covers everything from building game assets, to adding interactivity, to polishing your finished game and publishing it, and provides you with all the information you need to create your own games using Unity.
Buy it now: