Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #3194
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #40349
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #45045
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #101691
5. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #105065
6. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #113612
7. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #190059
8. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #334777
9. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #395797
10. Android NDK Beginner's Guide
By Sylvain Ratabouil, Sales Rank #874058
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Game Programming with Irrlicht
Published March 2011
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,472,345
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This book teaches game development and the use of Irrlicht, for readers that begin one or both of these subjects. It can serve as support for novice to intermediate programmers, providing code snippets and explanations about the problems discussed. The text also functions as a roadmap; it presents hints and introduces several techniques from fiels like A.I., that can be further studied and applied in games by the readers. A good knowledge of C and curiosity are the minimum requirements to read this book, based on the experience of many author''s students. The topics covered include: * common groundings: movement equations and basic vector math, collision of objects, animation loop and timing...; * using the engine: loading 3D models, animated models, textures, setting a camera, treating events, GUI overview; * sceneries: skyboxes, terrains, fog, shadows, particle systems; * techniques for NPC control and guidance; * examples of how to extend Irrlicht classes.
Buy it now: