Game Development Books
Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon
By Chris Vander Mey
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 2. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Mark Dalrymple, Waqar Malik
- 3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
- 4. PayPal APIs: Up and Running By Matthew A. Russell
- 5. The Game Developer's Dictionary: A Multidisciplinary Lexicon for Professionals and Students By Dan Carreker
Artificial Intelligence for Computer Games: An Introduction
Published July 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 2,724,259
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in computer games. The author concentrates on the techniques and strategies for developing efficient AI engines for gaming applications. Building on fundamental principles of artificial intelligence, the author explains how to create nonplayer characters (NPCs) with progressively more sophisticated capabilities.
Starting with the basic capability of acting in the game world, the book explains how to develop NPCs who can perceive, remember what they perceive, and then to continue in the game play to think about the effects of possible actions and finally to learn from their experience.
The author considers the system architecture and explains how to implement potential behaviors (both reactive and deliberate) for intelligent and responsive NPCs allowing for games that are more fun and engaging.
Buy it now: