Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure! (Covers Version 1.4): Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Artificial Intelligence for Computer Games: An Introduction
Published July 2004
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,255,608
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
This book provides a comprehensive introduction to the use of artificial intelligence (AI) in computer games. The author concentrates on the techniques and strategies for developing efficient AI engines for gaming applications. Building on fundamental principles of artificial intelligence, the author explains how to create nonplayer characters (NPCs) with progressively more sophisticated capabilities.
Starting with the basic capability of acting in the game world, the book explains how to develop NPCs who can perceive, remember what they perceive, and then to continue in the game play to think about the effects of possible actions and finally to learn from their experience.
The author considers the system architecture and explains how to implement potential behaviors (both reactive and deliberate) for intelligent and responsive NPCs allowing for games that are more fun and engaging.
Buy it now: