Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #1363
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #17465
3. The Multiplayer Classroom: Designing...
By Lee Sheldon, Sales Rank #19471
4. Mathematics for 3D Game Programming a...
By Eric Lengyel, Sales Rank #25399
5. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #27182
6. Beginning 3D Game Development with Un...
By Sue Blackman, Sales Rank #108552
7. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #111471
8. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #129477
9. Producing Animation
By Catherine Winder, Zahra Dowlatabadi, Sales Rank #131632
10. Character Development in Blender 2.5
By Jonathan Williamson, Sales Rank #136119
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Artificial Intelligence for Games
Published August 2009
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 124,347
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Creating robust artificial intelligence is one of the greatest challenges for game developers, yet the commercial success of a game is often dependent upon the quality of the AI. In this book, Ian Millington brings extensive professional experience to the problem of improving the quality of AI in games. He describes numerous examples from real games and explores the underlying ideas through detailed case studies. He goes further to introduce many techniques little used by developers today. The book's associated web site contains a library of C++ source code and demonstration programs, and a complete commercial source code library of AI algorithms and techniques. "Artificial Intelligence for Games - 2nd edition" will be highly useful to academics teaching courses on game AI, in that it includes exercises with each chapter. It will also include new and expanded coverage of the following: AI-oriented gameplay; Behavior driven AI; Casual games (puzzle games).
Buy it now: