Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
1. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!:...
By The LEAD Project, Sales Rank #5094
2. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guid...
By Ben Simonds, Sales Rank #36062
3. Introduction to 3D Game Programming w...
By Frank Luna, Sales Rank #67180
4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animatio...
By David Geary, Sales Rank #69178
5. UDK Game Development
By Alan Thorn, Sales Rank #159349
6. Gamers at Work: Stories Behind the Ga...
By Morgan Ramsay, Sales Rank #180977
7. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons...
By Chris Vander Mey, Sales Rank #185008
8. Unreal Development Kit Game Programmi...
By Rachel Cordone, Sales Rank #201631
9. Video Game Writing: From Macro to Micro
By Marek Walton, Maurice Suckling, Sales Rank #412531
10. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS...
By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple, Sales Rank #435206
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Super Scratch Programming Adventure!: Learn to Program By Making Cool Games By The LEAD Project
- 4. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 5. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10
Published October 2008
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 775,735
Availability: Usually ships in 24 hours
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10 provides an introduction to programming interactive computer graphics, with an emphasis on game development, using DirectX 10. The book is divided into three main parts. Part I explores basic mathematical tools, Part II shows how to implement fundamental tasks in Direct3D, and Part III demonstrates a variety of techniques and special effects. With this book: Understand how vectors, matrices, and transfomations are used in the creation of computer games. Discover how to implement lighting, texture mapping, blending, and stenciling to increase the realism of your scenes. Explore techniques for creating special effects, including terrain rendering, shadow mapping, particle systems, and reflections. Learn about new Direct3D 10 features such as geometry shaders, the stream out pipeline stage, texture arrays, and primitive IDs. Test your knowledge and programming skills with the end-of-chapter exercises.
Buy it now: