Game Development Books
Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering
By Ben Simonds
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Blender Master Class: A Hands-On Guide to Modeling, Sculpting, Materials, and Rendering By Ben Simonds
- 2. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 3. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Waqar Malik, Mark Dalrymple
- 4. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
- 5. PayPal APIs: Up and Running By Matthew A. Russell
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10
Published October 2008
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,186,785
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Introduction to 3D Game Programming with DirectX 10 provides an introduction to programming interactive computer graphics, with an emphasis on game development, using DirectX 10. The book is divided into three main parts. Part I explores basic mathematical tools, Part II shows how to implement fundamental tasks in Direct3D, and Part III demonstrates a variety of techniques and special effects. With this book: Understand how vectors, matrices, and transfomations are used in the creation of computer games. Discover how to implement lighting, texture mapping, blending, and stenciling to increase the realism of your scenes. Explore techniques for creating special effects, including terrain rendering, shadow mapping, particle systems, and reflections. Learn about new Direct3D 10 features such as geometry shaders, the stream out pipeline stage, texture arrays, and primitive IDs. Test your knowledge and programming skills with the end-of-chapter exercises.
Buy it now: