Game Development Books
Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon
By Chris Vander Mey
Buy from Amazon:
Top Selling Books
- 1. Shipping Greatness: Practical lessons on building and launching outstanding software, learned on the job at Google and Amazon By Chris Vander Mey
- 2. Learn Objective-C on the Mac: For OS X and iOS By Scott Knaster, Mark Dalrymple, Waqar Malik
- 3. Core HTML5 Canvas: Graphics, Animation, and Game Development (Core Series) By David Geary
- 4. PayPal APIs: Up and Running By Matthew A. Russell
- 5. The Game Developer's Dictionary: A Multidisciplinary Lexicon for Professionals and Students By Dan Carreker
Introduction To 3D Game Programming With Directx 9.0C: A Shader Approach (Wordware Game and Graphics Library)
Published June 2006
Amazon.com Sales Rank: 1,055,561
Availability: Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your credit card will not be charged until we ship the item.
Presents an introduction to programming interactive computer graphics, with an emphasis on game development, using real-time shaders with DirectX 9.0. It teaches the fundamentals of Direct3D and shader programming, after which the reader will be prepared to go on and learn more advanced techniques. The book is divided into three main parts. Part I explains the mathematical tools that will be used throughout this book. Part II shows how to implement elementary 3D techniques, such as defining 3D geometry, lighting, texturing, alpha blending, and stenciling by using shaders and the HLSL. Part III is largely about applying Direct3D to implement a variety of interesting techniques and special effects, such as working with meshes, character animation, terrain rendering, picking, particle systems, environment mapping, normal mapping, and rendering to textures.
Buy it now: